Educational Leadership - Tenure-track Professorial Faculty (May be filled by Visiting Faculty)
- Expertise in an education-related field of study (e.g. leadership, foundations, policy, research methods, etc.);
- Capacity to teach courses to doctoral and master's students (see our course offerings);
- Willingness to supervise doctoral dissertations and master's theses;
- Ability to publish in high-quality research journals;
- Engagement in a focused scholarship research agenda;
- Disposition to collaborate with department and university colleagues and with educational leaders and organizations outside the university;
- Desire to contribute to department, school, and university programs though appropriate service activities and assignments.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience as a P-12 educational leader;
- Experience in educational policy;
- Experience in higher education;
- Experience teaching qualitative methodology and methods; and
- Experience in synchronous online/distance teaching and learning.
Our mission as the Department of Educational Leadership & Foundations (EDLF) in the David O. McKay School of Education (MSE) is to improve temporal and spiritual well-being through education and educational leadership. We expand education vision and empower educational leaders to improve practices, policies, and systems that create high-quality and equitable learning environments, by:
- Developing students' knowledge, skills, and dispositions in a faith-based, intellectually rigorous, and inspiring learning environment;
- Collaborating with and supporting current educational leaders; and
- Producing high-quality scholarship by study and by faith.