Manager of Communication and Marketing (17223)
A key member of the Office of the Provost team, the manager will assist in the creation and distribution of communications from the Provost to faculty, staff, and student audiences. The incumbent will collaborate with colleagues to execute several events throughout the academic year and provide support to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and Communication. This role will also implement marketing tactics to increase visibility for various programs within the Office of Global and Immersive Studies, with a focus on sustaining and growing enrollment for the Washington Semester Program and AU Gap Program. The manager will build effective relationships with stakeholders from relevant units across campus, including University Communications and Marketing, the Office of Information Technology, and others.
- Marketing Management: Under the direction of the Office of Global and Immersive Studies team, execute integrated marketing initiatives for various programs, with a focus on the Washington Semester Program, AU Gap Program, and English Language and Training Academy (ELTA). Manage pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, including Google AdWords, Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Design ads, social media content, text message copy, email templates, and other print and digital collateral. Review materials to confirm that AU branding guidelines are met. Collaborate with colleagues to produce and edit web content, ensuring accessibility. Support email communication through Recruit/Salesforce Marketing Cloud and iContact, managing information flow, maintaining lists, and troubleshooting as needed. Oversee marketing budget and process payments to vendors.
- Provost Communication: Under the guidance of the Director of Strategic Initiatives and Communication, assist in drafting messaging to faculty, staff, and student audiences from the Office of the Provost, including announcements, mass emails, memos, newsletters, invitations, etc. Create content for the Office of the Provost website and help to prepare remarks and speeches in support of the Provost’s participation in various events. May also be asked to provide communication support to units reporting to the Provost, including the Office of Undergraduate Education and Academic Student Services.
- Special Events: Provide logistical and promotional support for events hosted by the Office of the Provost, including retreats, receptions, dinners, lectures, conferences, seminars, webinars, and other in-person or virtual gatherings.
- Other Duties as Assigned: May be tasked with other projects for the Office of the Provost or other units in the Academic Affairs Division as needed.
- Travel Required: Minimal
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Sr. Coordinator/Analyst B
- This is a union-eligible position. The union-eligibility of individual position incumbents will be determined based on the incumbent’s employer of record.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree or equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Progressive experience in higher education marketing, recruitment, advertising, public relations, or a related area.
- Proven track record of executing marketing, communications, and social media plans.
- Understanding of communication challenges specific to a university environment.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with mass email tools and campaigns.
- Ability to apply market research and audience segmentation data, strategies, and tactics.
- Graphic design experience.
- Service orientation a must.
- Appreciation of cultural diversity.
- It is strongly recommended that candidates submit a cover letter for full consideration.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.