POSITION TITLE: Campus Greeter
STATUS: Temporary, Part Time – Hours vary between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm; M-F; flexible scheduling and locations
DEPARTMENT: Campus Police
DIVISION: Administrative Services
REPORTS TO: Chief of Police or Designee
PLACEMENT: Seasonal (as needed)
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $11.00/hour
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.
Satisfactory results of a background check
Post-offer, pre-employment Drug Screening for employees that are new to the College
Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
The Campus Greeter is an essential position in the College’s campus operations. The greeter will assist with processes related to employees and students entering campus, including temperature monitoring, asking COVID related questions, and promoting social distancing – 6 feet apart in lines, and assist with the distribution of personal protective equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greet people as they arrive on campus. Provide general directions to campus services. Provide general instructions about the screening stations. Ask people if they are experiencing COVID related symptoms.
2. Serve as an attendant at thermal monitor stations or utilize remote hand-held thermometer; follow basic protocol for temperature screening for all parties entering the campus; inform any person whose temperature reading is above the allowable threshold to return home and provide them with further instructions.
3. Monitor lines forming in entry areas (indoor and outdoor) and remind people that they should following the established markings and remain 6 feet apart while waiting for screening.
4. Monitor lines forming in other areas as assigned such as tutoring center, enrollment center, etc.
5. Monitor individuals for mask compliance; reminding them of proper positioning. If necessary, notify others (e.g.: Dean of Students, HR, Supervisor, Police) of non-compliance.
6. Notify appropriate department (e.g.: Campus Police or Facility Services) if there are any security, safety, or cleaning requirements.
7. Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
8. Monitor supply inventory and distribution of face masks, sanitizer supply, tissues, etc. Keep supplies orderly and accessible.
9. Post or remove posters/signage as instructed.
10. Main Campus: Assist with monitoring Bookstore for patron capacity, social distancing in lines and other duties as needed for curbside pick-up.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Availability to work on-campus (not remotely)
3. Reliable attendance and commitment to schedule
4. Personal cell phone for communication
1. Normal office physical demands.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.