Senior System Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
Are you a dedicated, adaptable, self-starter who enjoys learning and working with a wide variety of technologies? Rowan University is seeking an experienced, innovative Systems Engineer to join our growing community.
In this position, you will work as a member of the Infrastructure Services groups that handles the end-to-end management of all University owned network, server and storage infrastructure. You will be part of a dedicated and creative team of system engineers that are responsible for the configuration, operation, and maintenance of the University's enterprise core critical systems and services. You will also play a key role in designing and implementing Rowan’s cloud platform solution and represent Infrastructure Services on other division and institution wide projects. We are a collaborative team making a big difference to a broad community.
The successful candidate must have:
- 4-year degree or equivalent education in a related field. Professional experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- At least five years of professional position-related experience.
- Earnest commitment to customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strength in technical problem-solving and offering creative solutions.
Responsibilities may include:
- Lead planning, development, and coordination of operations for current and future infrastructure implementations.
- Create and maintain system documentation, diagrams, operational procedures, and architectural documentation.
- Analyze infrastructure performance in order to resolve problems or make appropriate recommendations.
- Implementation, configuration, maintenance, support, and security of the University's Server environment. This includes Red Hat Linux, Window Server 2012/2016, Microsoft Active Directory, DFS, and Red Hat Satellite.
- Implementation and support of cloud infrastructure (AWS & Azure).
- Implementation and administration of hypervisor platforms (VMware and Citrix XenServer.)
- Maintenance and service for HPE server hardware (HPE BL & DL hardware) and storage (HPE 3PAR) platforms.
- Provide user support for server hosting requests, system changes and upgrades.
- Participate in the team developing and executing the University's cloud platform strategy.
- Work to enable platforms that can support future data lake and artificial intelligence initiatives.
- Perform capacity planning for projected future growth
Advertised: Jul 15 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 8 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro