Contract and Vendor Manager
Contract and Vendor Manager
Rowan University seeks to appoint a manager to lead our strategic vendor interactions for the division of Information Resources & Technology (IRT). IRT is responsible for the University’s information technology and applications, information security, data integrity, systems-related compliance, and reporting. Along with the University, IRT has grown extensively in recent years and we are in the process of refining the management of temporary workers, independent and self-sourced contractors, vendors engaged in statements of work, and cloud-based vendor services.
This position will serve as a collaborative connector among the division of IRT, the Office of Contracting and Procurement, and internal stakeholders to organize and standardize the processes, contracts, and information resulting from our work with outside vendors.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships and contract management for the division of IRT.
- Responsible for negotiating vendor contract requirements and partnering with Procurement to effectively negotiate contract, SOWs and other relevant contract terms.
- Execute Rowan's collaborative framework with external vendors, IT and internal departments. Our framework focuses on defining common coals, setting strategic priorities, and requirements, and streamlining processes to maximize value.
- Ensure a robust process of notification or escalation is in place to report on both underspend and potential overspend with the appropriate approvals sought for either situation.
- Work closely with the CIO and appropriate unit management to prepare and administer budgets reflecting approved technology plans/projects; management of various budgets.
- Work closely with the Information Security Office to identify and monitor vendor issues, and track vendor risks to ensure mitigation plans are defined and implemented.
- Interact and collaborate with all levels of staff and participate as part of IRT’s management team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 to 5 years of professional work experience with procurement or vendor relationship management.
- Consultative work style that supports successful initiatives with all levels of management and customers across organizational boundaries
- Very strong written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to develop senior management briefings using PowerPoint, Word and Excel; and deliver presentations to all levels of staff
- Skilled at maximizing vendor value in support of key organizational objectives
- Familiar with project management methods
- Experience with contract life cycle management processes
Note : If there is NO prior experience in IT contract negotiations, the interested candidate must be willing to learn IT procurement & contract management since this position will mainly be managing software & hardware contracts.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in IT-related field, Business, Finance, or engineering.
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial aspects of vendor management is a plus.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and/or project management
- Experience with procure-to-pay, e-sourcing
- Prior experience in IT contract negotiations
Advertised: Jul 15 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 8 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro