Project Manager Telecommunications
Project Manager Telecommunications
2200 University Drive,, McKinney Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Project Manager Telecommunications .
Design, develop, and maintain the District's cabling infrastructure and network performance as it relates to ethernet, fast ethernet, switching technology, and the use of fiber optic technology. Provide, design, and maintain CADD drawing for Cabling Contractors. Interface with Contract Electrician for power requirements related to District projects and systems. Design and develop call routing for various telephone systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain documentation materials for District's voice, data, and video network(s).
- Oversee WAN inter-connectivity hardware, including CCIS T-1 links, RAD, Telebyte, and Canoga Perkins fiber optic modems, CSU/DSU's, and any other hardware/software required for the successful continued operation of all WAN services.
- Install and/or supervise the installation of all voice, data, and video communications facilities and equipment. Design, develop, and maintain call routing for CUCM, Cisco Call Manager, and VOiP phone system.
- Complete work orders, update network documentation, and interface with off-campus telecommunications vendors.
- Plan, implement, and monitor contractor work. Issue orders to subcontractors, provide specific instructions, and test and inspect completed work for compliance with organization and industry standards.
- Interface with district employed architect, engineers, general contractors, electrical contractors, furniture vendors, and other district employees concerning the specification, installation, and coordination of services needed for the district-cabling infrastructure including indoor and outdoor inter-connectivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures, and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of related experience required.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and six (6) years of related experience preferred.
PBX certification required.
Certification in Network Design required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Basic Electrical / Electronics Theory
- Knowledge of WAN inter-connectivity hardware
- Knowledge of District's cabling infrastructure
- Knowledge of CADD drawing
- Knowledge of CUCM, Cisco Call Manager, and VOiP phone system
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer and applicable hardware/software skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to handle copper link data cables and Fiber Optic Cables
- Ability to understand and utilize BICSI standards
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise the work of contractors
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $57,297.00 - 65,892.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney