Assistant Professor - DIH Agricultural Water Management
This is a nine-month, full-time, tenure-track faculty position (75% teaching and 25% research) at the rank of Assistant Professor. This is a joint position supporting both the Department of Plant and Earth Science and the Department of Agricultural Engineering Technology and is partially funded by the newly created Wisconsin Dairy Innovation Hub (https://www.uwrf.edu/CAFES/DairyInnovationHub/). The standard teaching full-time load is 12 credit hours per semester (9 credit hours for a 75% teaching appointment). The successful candidate will be committed to excellence in teaching at our primarily undergraduate institution and demonstrate strong interest and ability to conduct applied research in the area of agricultural water management in support of the dairy industry. Opportunities exist for optional summer employment through teaching, research grants, and internship supervision.
Knowledge Skills and AbilitiesRequired
Materials not submitted through the online
posting, https://jobs.uwrf.edu/postings/7271, cannot
- Curriculum vitae (resume)
- Letter of interest specifying qualifications and experience (cover letter)
- A three-part statement, not to exceed 3 pages, covering
- your primary and secondary teaching interests, experience in classroom, and any evidence of successful teaching at the college level
- your agricultural water management experience, and
- your applied research and scholarly activity agenda. (Other Document)
- An unofficial transcript (official copies of transcripts will be required if hired).
- Provide the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references who can specifically comment on your teaching and research ability, experience and professional preparation (references).
Dr. Jill Coleman-Wasik Search and Screen Committee Chair
Department of Plant and Earth Science
Deadline to Apply: Initial review of applications will begin upon receipt. For consideration, applicants must submit all required materials by August 20, 2021. A criminal background check will be completed on final candidates. UW-River Falls Diversity Statement: We declare that diversity and inclusivity are core values. We dedicate ourselves to build a culture grounded in principles of equity, social justice, and excellence. We fundamentally affirm and embrace the multiple identities, values, belief systems, and cultural practices of all individuals and communities. We will address fundamental issues of bias, discrimination, and exclusion.
The University is committed to creating an educational community which enhances student awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnicities and cultures and identities which actively supports tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each person without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. Awareness of and sensitivity to diverse ethnic and cultural heritages are especially sought in applicants.
UWRF is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer subject to all state and federal regulations pertaining to non-discrimination based upon sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, arrest and/or conviction record, veteran status, and membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or the State of Wisconsin. All persons, especially women, persons of color, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of your identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For a copy of the UWRF campus safety information, see http:www.uwrf.edu/Police/CampusRecordsCrimes.cfm or call University Police at (715) 425-3133 for a paper copy. This material includes crime statistics (Annual Security Report) and information on crime prevention, sexual assault, and drug/alcohol issues.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in River Falls
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in River Falls
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in River Falls
- Geology & Earth Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in River Falls