Department Secretary, Earth Sciences Department
Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for a Department Secretary for the Earth Sciences Department. This position provides clerical support to the department chair and faculty, including typing, filing, reception desk, and all phone, written and personal contacts to the department.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
The Annual salary is $31,394.00 plus comprehensive benefits, including tuition waiver for self/dependents. The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of the foundation for our learning and working environment. Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
- Six months as a Clerk Typist 1 OR completion of high school business curriculum OR any combination of equivalent experience and training.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to:
- adapt quickly to changing student, employee needs.
- maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- provide exemplary customer service.
- organize, prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments,
- perform detailed work involving written information.
- learn new skills as needed.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 2 Years of work experience in clerical/secretarial position(s).
- Prior professional work experience in an academic setting.
- Prior experience using specific systems (Banner, SAP, D2L Brightspace).
Special Instructions to Applicants