Application Developer - Data Scientist
Application Developer Analyst I
This Data Scientist serves in an entry-level role within Enterprise Systems (ES), a unit within UF Information Technology (UFIT). Under direct supervision, the position works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design to develop quality technical solutions, with a good understanding of the IT systems and capabilities. This position also participates in, and has a good understanding of IT systems, development lifecycle, quality assurance/testing, and integration methodologies and will leverage the data warehouse, related reporting products, quantitative methodologies, and business intelligence tool set to solve complex analysis and reporting requests. This position works in conjunction with other information technology (IT) professionals and core office staff members to maintain existing systems and fulfill requests for enhancements to these systems and related business processes.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
• Participates in applying appropriate quantitative and machine learning methods to solve business problems.
• Assists with developing custom variables (feature extraction), component indices, and quantitative models where necessary to provide insights to the customer.
• Assists with the design and implementation of processes to evaluate reliability, validity, and potential bias in analytic deliverables.
• Provides expertise in data engineering to solve relevant business questions.
• Reviews data loaded from traditional databases and non-traditional data sources after completion of appropriate cleaning and blending.
• Participates in maintaining the Enterprise Reporting and Analytics system and fulfilling projects and service requests for enhancements to reporting products such as human resource information and student data visualizations and dashboards.
• Develops technical documentation (designs, specifications, and processes) and communications.
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/.
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
UF Information Technology is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce and values diversity of thoughts, background, and experience. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people with different backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching, learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution. We welcome applications from individuals who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s vision and mission.
$51,500 – $60,000; commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/
Associate’s degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirement(s).
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, and skills:
• Routinely supports and creates programming enhancements for data warehouse, related reporting products, and business intelligence tool set
• Uses observations to develop new ideas, navigate complex issues and come up with unique solutions to solve them
• Working with various teams to maintain and to enhance the data warehouse and related reporting products
• Active listening, empathy, patience, reliability, positivity, and flexibility to engage team members to reach a shared goal
Preferred skills, expertise, and experience:
• Relational databases concepts
• Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Enterprise data and systems architecture
• Master data management (MDM) concepts
• Extract, transform, load (ETL) toolset
• Operating systems (z/OS, Windows, and Unix)
• Dashboard and reporting toolset
• Awareness of current standards and trends in IT and emerging technology
• Parametric/non-parametric statistics, machine learning, natural language process (NLP)
• Basic HyperText Markup Language/Extensible Markup Language (HTML/XML) and web technologies
• Scripting languages
• Advanced Structured Query Language (SQL)
• R and/or Python
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must:
• Be a self-starter
• Adapt easily to changing work environments and requirements
• Provide excellent service through professional and courteous interactions with internal and external stakeholders while meeting business needs
• An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms
• Possess analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Have the ability to think critically and creatively with a high standard of integrity and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
• Cover Letter
• Resume or CV
• Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge