About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general direction, provide up to date, accurate information and assistance to students, staff, and community. Deliver comprehensive general information regarding all aspects of college procedures, programs and services that pertain to the enrollment process. Responsible for registration of students in courses according to established guidelines which may require some judgment in the application of policies and procedures. Provide excellent customer service.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate information to students and the community by
telephone or in person by interpreting Federal, State and College
policies and procedures appropriately as well as follow the
guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA). If necessary, route inquiries to appropriate
- Understand Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Records,
Cashier, Testing and Academic Advising processes, as well as a
basic understanding of other departments and areas around campus in
order to serve as a campus resource for students and potential
- Train students how to use online enrollment services functions
to support admission, registration, and payment activities. Educate
students on how to access College information available on the
- Coordinate services which connect students to meet with
advisors or specialists from Academic Advising, the Career Center
and other College departments as necessary.
- Verify "in-district" residency documentation. Review documents
submitted in-person for accuracy and completeness. Record documents
as received in the appropriate computer software. Register students
as well as add/drop courses as appropriate and according to College
policies. Review high school or college transcripts to determine
- Display initiative and be proactive in helping students through
the enrollment process.
- Assist the Enrollment Center Coordinator with the training and
supervision of student employees.
- Generate various reports regarding students and prospective
- Assist with continuing assessment and evaluation of Enrollment
Center processes. Provide suggestions to enhance the delivery of
enrollment services information provided in person, over the
telephone, and via the internet.
- May be required to lead training for areas of specialization to
other Enrollment Center staff as well as personnel from other
Student Affairs Departments.
- Report Banner problems to the computer technical support group.
Follow-up and verify corrections or changes.
- Modify and/or override enrollment center procedures as
appropriate and necessary to support students through enrollment
- Assist in maintaining student records including filing and
- Perform other job related duties.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associates degree required or an equivalent combination of
education and experience from which comparable knowledge and
abilities can be acquired.
- Two years of general office experience is required.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills are
required. Incumbent must be able to give and receive advice and
opinions and interact with individuals in situations requiring
sensitivity and tact.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service. Problem
- Must be able to use a computer to enter, retrieve and
manipulate data is required.
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
General supervision is received from the Manager of Enrollment Services.
General supervision exercised over student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 5:00 pm - Additional hours may be needed during peak hours.
SALARY: $ 20.95 Starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines