About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, evaluate student academic records for transfer credit application and completion of degree and certificate requirements. Responsible for the maintenance of student graduation information, production of diplomas and certificates and input of information on the degree audit system.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of transcripts to determine transfer of credits to
Oakton Community College.
- Evaluate documents certifying experiential, CLEP, AP and other
educational experiences applicable for credits at Oakton Community
College and data entry of credit to student academic
- Data entry of transfer and alternative credit to student
- Review and maintenance of degree and certificate requirements
on the degree audit and reporting system (Uachieve).
- Review and process all graduation requests and determine
satisfactory completion of graduation requirements. Prepare
correspondence to update students on the status of graduation.
Enter academic awards into student system and order graduation
- Enter and maintain graduate information in Diploma on Demand
system, including the production and distribution of diplomas and
- Discuss transcript evaluation and graduation requirements with
- Input requirement substitutions and waivers for students in
- Assist with transcript production, prepare reports as required,
provide college information to students and prospective students
through personal or telephone contact, etc.
- Participate in Enrollment Center cross training activities to
develop knowledge in other functional student affairs areas in
order to provide integrated and comprehensive information to
students, staff, and community. Provide excellent customer
- As directed, provide Registrar services in the Enrollment
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Hiring Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience from which comparable skills can be acquired is
- Two years experience in Admissions/Records including
familiarity with transcript evaluation and graduation requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Moderate experience and skills using Microsoft Office,
including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Banner, Uachieve, and/or Diploma on Demand
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Functional supervision received from the Coordinator of Academic Student Records. Administrative supervision is received from the Registrar / Director of Student Financial Support.
Functional supervision may be exercised over student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm Starting salary may change due to staff negotiations.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines