Senior Employee Relations Consultant
University Code 23214 University Title Senior HR Specialist 1 University Job Family Human Resources ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Senior Employee Relations Consultant Position Number 583000 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Human Resources Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU HR has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Employee Relations Consultant to join our team and seeks culturally and professionally diverse individuals skilled in employee relations and performance management. Regarded as a vibrant place to work, where differences are celebrated and embraced, the university and VCU HR play an integral role in the vitality of its home city of Richmond, Virginia.
The Senior ER Consultant position is a vital HR role designed to provide employee relations and performance management services to the university. This position reports to the Director of Employee Success and Development and will work closely with HR professionals, managers and employees to provide conflict resolution, employee relations and performance management expertise and advice and will serve as a strategic, consultative business partner.
The focus of this position includes extensive employee relations investigations; performance management review, training, analysis, and guidance; and providing advanced advice and counsel to HR professionals and employees on workplace issues, policy interpretation and application of the progressive disciplinary process that includes conflict resolution, formal discipline and the grievance procedure process. All work of this position is grounded in and committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and engagement.
Autonomy of the Sr. ER Consultant is high, given the expertise they demonstrate in the performance of their role. Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Significant experience handling employee relations matters in a Human Resources/Employee Relations and or Employment Consultation role.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities with a sense of urgency with all issues as appropriate, honoring confidentiality of cases and personnel data, and managing sensitive information with discretion, integrity and respect.
• Ability to autonomously handle complex investigations using independent judgment, experience and expertise and to provide sound guidance and recommendations to mitigate risk and resolve workplace concerns.
• Ability to serve as internal consultant to all levels of management and staff on the appropriate administration of human resource policies, practices, and procedures to ensure consistency in application.
• Effectively communicate ideas to coach and facilitate change at all levels, have strong writing skills and be able to interface effectively with all levels within an organization to deliver innovative and pragmatic consultation.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and with a wide range of employees, think quickly, and have an approachable nature.
•Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
•A desire to foster equity and inclusion in one’s team and throughout the university.
•A commitment to VCU’s core competencies of accountability/integrity; achievement; collaboration; diversity; innovation; and service excellence.
•Performs other duties as assigned. Preferred Hiring Standards
•Master’s degree or an equivalent professional experience.
•Certifications: PHR, SHRM -CP, SHRM - SCP, SPHR Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 05/20/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106206 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary requirement for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond