Investigations and Compliance Manager
University Code 25911 University Title Administrator, Legal, Audit and Compliance University Job Family Legal, Audit & Compliance ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Investigations and Compliance Manager Position Number 592210 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department VP Health Sciences Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Office of the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences at VCU enthusiastically seeks applicants for an Investigations and Compliance Manager who will play a pivotal role in managing personnel investigations/inquiries on the health sciences campus and oversee compliance activities. This position serves as the primary compliance administrator for the VP’s office and is expected to:
- Manage all aspects of assigned personnel investigations in VCU’s health sciences schools/units, utilizing expert techniques in the inquiry process. Includes fact-finding, conducting interviews, preparing reports, offering recommendations for resolution, etc. Independently case manages personnel inquiries from start to finish, keeping leadership apprised of progress. Advises management on next steps and provides expert consulting on integrity and compliance matters.
- Coordinate with the Office of Equity and Access Services on any civil rights matters, and partner closely with the University Counsel’s Office, the Integrity and Compliance Office, and VCU Human Resources on process and recommendations, as needed.
- Serve as a partner in consulting on personnel matters and offering guidance to managers and leadership as needed. May participate as a third party in mediation sessions, appeal hearings, and other activities.
- Provide expert consulting to the health sciences school/units on general compliance matters, serving as a front line resource for leadership and acting as the primary liaison between the health sciences campus and the Integrity and Compliance Office.
- Oversee all compliance activities within the Office of the Senior Vice President and coordinate with risk/compliance officers in the health sciences schools and units to ensure campus compliance needs are being met.
- Routinely identify and develop solutions for risk/compliance gaps, offering recommendations to senior leadership.
- Create and implement monitoring plans based on identified risk needs, assessing regularly to ensure adherence.
- Develop and deliver training related to risk and compliance practices as needed.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment and a commitment to doing so at VCU
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a risk and compliance or personnel investigations role
- Demonstrated experience conducting workplace investigations and high-level knowledge of best practices and techniques in the field
- Demonstrated ability to remain neutral in investigating employee matters and to maintain strict confidentiality in handling sensitive information
- Knowledge of laws and regulations surrounding employment, as well as VCU’s faculty and staff employment policies and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements and an understanding of risk and compliance procedures, protocols, and best practices, with demonstrated experience consulting on compliance matters
- Experience developing and implementing monitoring plans based on specific risk areas or compliance needs
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact successfully at all levels of the institution
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet sensitive deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and creatively, and to guide others in decision-making
Preferred Hiring Standards
- An advanced degree, or professional certification related to role
- Experience performing related job duties in a public university setting
- Familiarity with the complexities surrounding discrimination, harassment, and retaliation matters
- Experience consulting on personnel matters Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with qualifications and experience Application Process/Additional Information
Applications received by August 11 will receive preference. More information about the Office of the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences can be found at https://healthsciences.vcu.edu/ . Please address any questions regarding this posting to VPHSHR@vcu.edu. Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 07/15/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107923 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate below your highest level of education.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some College
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate
- Doctorate Degree
Please describe your experience managing personnel
(Open Ended Question)
Please describe how you foster diversity, equity, and
inclusion in your day to day work.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Legal Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond