Residential Operations Coordinator
The Office of Residential Life strives to provide a safe, supportive and inclusive residential environment which complements and extends the educational experience of students. As a residential campus, undergraduates are required to live on campus throughout their Wesleyan career. The diversity of housing options affords our students the opportunity to experience increasingly independent living as they progress through their time at Wesleyan.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Residential Life the Residential Operations Coordinator is a part of a dynamic Residential Life team responsible for effectively meeting the needs of over 2,900 undergraduate and graduate students. The Residential Operations Coordinator is an integral part of supporting the overall success of the department. Responsibilities include:
- Manage, distribute, collect, inventory, and maintain all residential keys throughout the year including winter break and summer housing.
- Liaise with auxiliary services to create and maintain card access levels for residential facilities.
- Manage, assign, and maintain all residential card access, including break access, for undergraduate students, graduate students, and registered guests.
- Maintain inventory of master keys and manage security system for master key access.
- Recruit, train, and approve timesheets for student office assistants for central office and three satellite offices throughout the year including winter break and summer staffing.
- Supervise and manage student office assistants in the central Residential Life Office.
- Collaborate with Accessibility Services and the Assistant Director on the emotional support animal process, serve as the contact person for approved students, and handle any concerns that arise.
- Support the Assistant Director with planning and executing the opening and closing of all residential units, including transition housing, winter break, and summer housing.
- Coordinate break housing and relocation assignments.
- Manage the digital presence of the Residential Life office including the residential life website, online forms, residential floor plans, social media accounts, and assist with responding to the departmental e-mail system.
- Serve as primary liaison with Physical Plant Managers and tradespeople on solving availability and occupancy issues.
- Serve as a resource to students, assisting students with problem solving and accessing other university departments as appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance for departmental functions.
- Assist with building and maintaining database management as it relates to office initiatives.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Residential Life with outside vendors, including coordination of the delivery and collection of micro-fridges and moving services.
- Assist with departmental assessment efforts and collaborate with other departments to complete campus-wide assessment.
- Manage assignments of graduate students in collaboration with graduate student services and rental properties.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and web page management software.
Demonstrated ability in managing several projects simultaneously.
Demonstrated ability to set work priorities.
Excellent Customer Service Skills including problem solving and troubleshooting Experience with or knowledge of creating systems of organization Excellent organizational skills Ability to work some weeknight and weekend hours as needed.
Demonstrated commitment to working within a diverse environment and collaborating with individuals of different backgrounds.
Previous experience in Residential Life or student life.
Working knowledge of Peoplesoft, Cascade, database management, card access systems, or web page management software.
Experience with assessment or data management Experience with managing Social Media
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application close date is August 29, 2021
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown