Graphics Designer 2 - (STA007765)
Researches, conceives and designs university and departmental publications, and/or other print and electronic communications vehicles.
- Conceives, designs and executes projects for university and department clients.
- Consults with clients to analyze and determine project specifications.
- Establishes job specifications to obtain required quotes for external vendor services.
- Compiles and analyzes vendor quotes to prepare budget worksheets and project schedules.
- Collaborates with editors and writers to develop written copy to be used in various projects.
- Consults and discusses photographic shoots with photographers according to project specifications.
- Presents and proposes design solutions to director and clients.
- Inspects and approves vendor progress on projects by proofing systems.
- Monitors and oversees all projects on printing press to assure high quality.
- Coordinates delivery of each project with vendors and clients, making sure that samples are received for file.
- Performs othe job-related duties as assigned.
Associate's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
- Assist Manager with hiring, training and supervising student employees
- Serve as a role model for student employees in both design and customer service
- Experience with Project management (i.e. BaseCamp) a plus
- Experience with Software – Adobe suite, etc.
- Knowledge of printing equipment and processes a plus
- Experience with creating banners, signs, posters, vinyl installation a plus
- Previous experience in a graphic design shop would be beneficial, but not required
- Experience in Higher Education environment would be beneficial, but not required
- Ability to drive the Student Centers’ vehicles would be beneficial, but not required
- Serve as contributing member of the Student Centers team
Notes to Applicant: 1723919