Administrative Assistant I
Job Posting Title Administrative Assistant I Location Los Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River College) Department Location TRIO STEM Posting Number C01562P The Institution
Cosumnes River College ( CRC ) values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC’s main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 ethnically and racially diverse students. One of the top ten most diverse two-year public colleges in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall 2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four-year college or university. Our 200+ programs include automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied health, veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology, among others.
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students, programs like the Puente project, Umoja DIOP Scholars, and Native American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Student support services and programs including CARE, EOPS, Enriched Scholars, and First-Year Experience enhance the ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural, social, economic, and environmental well-being of their communities.
Positions in this class are generally assigned to Dean level positions, and incumbents perform varied and complex administrative assistant and clerical tasks within a framework of standard policies and procedures with minimal oversight. For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting click here .
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years), and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. You are eligible for the aforementioned benefits as a regular employee with a permanent assignment of 0.50 FTE or greater. For the full LRCEA contract agreement, details click here .
Assist administrator with office organization and detail and recommend operating practices and procedures to create new or to revise existing methods; implement systems to improve internal process in support of changing departmental and District needs, informing affected staff and providing training as needed; interview callers; answer inquiries requiring knowledge of college and District resources, activities, services, policies and procedures and refer inquiries as appropriate; provide information regarding college standards and procedures and assist in the coordination of services for students, staff, and the public; assist students and staff to resolve problems relating to special programs, student services records, or related complaints, referring to appropriate staff members; coordinate activities with other District offices; schedule meetings, conferences and appointments; assist with coordinating events; maintain calendars for managers and/or professional staff; make arrangements for travel, meetings, and conferences, and process travel claims; prepare materials for presentations and instruction; prepare records and reports for District and/or external agencies; independently prepare correspondence, memoranda, agendas, reports, technical requests, and other materials, including information of a confidential nature; prepare required District and departmental documents including, but not limited to, time sheets, reports, preliminary payroll records, travel forms, purchasing forms, requisitions, and workers compensation claim forms; assist with the monitoring and reconciliation of department and/or office budgets; order materials, supplies, and services and resolve issues encountered in the purchasing process to assure timely payment to vendors; maintain accurate records and databases; assist with the preparation of the college catalog for printing; assist in developing and publishing curriculum and committee calendars; prepare and distribute meeting agendas, minutes, correspondence, memoranda, reports and other correspondence; take minutes at meetings exercising judgment and discretion in editing and composition; assist in preparing material for published class schedules, catalogs, student guides, newsletters, bulletins and registration; develop and maintain forms; verify and calculate full-time equivalency ( FTE ) and instructional load for faculty; track flex obligation for faculty; prepare adjunct faculty assignment paperwork and related documents; assist with coordination of department hiring and orientation processes; process mail; receive and accounts for fees; operate and maintain office equipment; serve on committees as assigned; have lead responsibility for temporary employees, including interviewing and training; perform related duties as required.
87.5 to 1.0 FTE Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE : Two years of experience related to the duties of the position.
Promotion: One year of experience with Los Rios Community College District performing clerical duties. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD .)
EDUCATION : One year of college level business, office technology, or related course work from an accredited institution may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
- A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
- Resume (required).
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
- Letter of Interest (required).
No Typing Certificate Required.
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts. It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide unofficial transcripts if required in the minimum qualifications for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualifications for the position).
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on Foreign Transcript Evaluations click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $3,672.18 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
Posting Date 07/15/2021 Closing Date 08/04/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
- How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15879 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- * Please copy and paste the link below, then read and review
the CRC Statement concerning the value of cultural competence.
I have reviewed the CRC Statement Concerning the Value of Cultural
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Other Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento