Job Posting Title Outreach Specialist Location Los Rios Community College District (American River College) Department Location Outreach, First Year Experience & Pathway Communities Posting Number C01568P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office complex. The District office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Under supervision of an assigned supervisor/manager, plan, coordinate, organize and provide a variety of student services and information on college programs to facilitate recruitment and retention of students. For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting click here .
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years), and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. You are eligible for the aforementioned benefits as a regular employee with a permanent assignment of 0.50 FTE or greater. For the full LRCEA contract agreement, details click here .
Explains college programs, enrollment processes, and services to individuals and community organizations; Provides referrals to students, staff, and community organizations on college programs and procedures, and seeks information concerning the need for additional programs; Works with college staff, faculty, and administration to develop, organize, and coordinate activities and events that facilitate student orientation and outreach designed to promote recruitment efforts, such as first generation, former foster youth, undocumented students, and other underrepresented populations; Fosters relationships with local feeder high schools, governmental agencies, and community based organizations through in-person, written, and electronic communication; Coordinates Early Alert/Assistance programs and one-stop philosophy related to recruitment and matriculation efforts; Represents the college at community functions and organizational meetings; Develops, organizes, supervises, and attends workshops, forums, conferences, and related college-sponsored events; Assists in the development and/or selection of marketing and promotional materials, such as appropriate media packages, and interfaces with other college departments on marketing strategies; Conducts orientation session and periodic training sessions and workshops for peer assistants, student ambassadors, and student workers; Assists in budget planning and maintenance; Hires, trains, and oversees student ambassadors and student workers; Tracks student contacts to monitor services required and provides follow-up throughout the enrollment process; Provides data for institutional research; Performs follow-up studies and evaluations of outreach services; Develops and maintains the outreach master calendar; Performs related duties as assigned.
American River College is committed to employees:
● Actively demonstrating a commitment to equity and inclusion.
● Engaging in self-reflection and continuous improvement regarding individuals and their cultural competence.
● Exercising responsibility and accountability for actions.
● Viewing students, ALL students, as equally capable and worthy of our care, time and energy.
● Demonstrating appreciation and respect for others’ perspectives and lived experiences. Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
Experience: Two years of experience in a variety of student or community service programs.
Education: Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
NOTE : Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for up to two years of the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
- A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
- Resume (required).
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
- Letter of Interest (required).
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide unofficial transcripts if required in the minimum qualifications for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualifications for the position).
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies. For additional information on Foreign Transcript Evaluations click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $4,824.23 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
Posting Date 07/15/2021 Closing Date 08/04/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Beginning Date October 15, 2021. How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15889 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento