Museum Security Officer
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Rhode Island, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jul 16, 2021
The RISD Museum Security Office is seeking multiple dependable Museum Security Officers with a strong sense of integrity. There are multiple part-time and full-time open positions.
The RISD Museum was founded on the belief that art, artists, and the institutions that support them play pivotal roles in promoting broad civic engagement and creating more open societies. As one of the three largest university art museums in the United States, the RISD Museum is a place for investigation, transformation, and creative process. The RISD Museum is committed to connecting a diverse public with a collection of art and design from the ancient past to the present day. The Museum Security Office is an essential part of the museum operations.
Museum Security Officers maintain order, reduce injury and reduce property loss at the Museum. They provide routine protection of galleries and visitors by making continuous tours throughout the Museum and informing visitors of museum rules. Officers serve as an initial security and safety responder for events and escalate and/or report as appropriate and respond politely and in a courteous, professional manner to visitors and staff. They also answer visitors' questions or direct visitors to someone who can answer.
As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial and inclusive work environment and a competitive benefits package.
- Provide routine protection of galleries, visitors, and school tour groups by making continuous tours throughout the Museum and informing visitors of museum rules. Answer visitor’s questions or direct visitors to someone who can answer.
- Report missing or damaged artwork immediately. Ensure conditions are safe for visitors. Report any problems or exceptions immediately.
- Assigned to contractors who are performing work within the Museum. Ensure contractors are operating within the appropriate safety and security guidelines for Museum Operations.
- Provide initial response and assistance during emergency incidents, including fire, medical, and security.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Strong communication skills and dependability
- Previous security or related work experience preferred
- Ability to complete written reports; follow standard operating procedures; and interact with visitors in a courteous and respectful manner while ensuring the safety of patrons and art
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Proven ability to interact with members of the community representing diverse backgrounds and interests
Yes; Museum Guards Association
There are multiple part-time and full-time schedules available. Specific schedules will be discussed with candidates at time of interviews.
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter (required)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
For certain positions, RISD is currently supporting remote work arrangements due to the pandemic. When work resumes in person, employees are expected to perform work on campus.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Safety & Security
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert