ASHS - Assistant/Associate Professor Physical Therapy
A.T. Still University, Arizona School of Health Sciences (ATSU-ASHS) located on the Mesa, Arizona campus is pleased to announce an open faculty position at the assistant or associate professor level in the residential Doctor of Physical Therapy. The ideal candidate will have university teaching experience and will enhance the department’s teaching and scholarship in their area of expertise. Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include teaching, scholarship, academic and research advising, clinical practice in the pro bono Center for Occupational and Physical Therapy, and service. Candidates must interact collegially with current faculty members and demonstrate willingness to work collaboratively with all ATSU employees. Additionally, they must be able to interact well with entry-level DPT students. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Earned terminal doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent academic doctoral degree)
- Teaching experience in a doctoral physical therapy program
- A defined area of scholarly interest, and
- Actively involved in the physical therapy profession
- Interest in teaching and mentoring in one of our ABPTRFE accredited residency
- Expertise in pediatric physical therapy
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in Arizona
- 5 years of clinical practice
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Doctoral degree (DPT) and extensive clinical experience
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and entry-level DPT students
The physical therapy department offers doctoral degrees in physical therapy (entry level and post-professional), supports both a neurological residency and an orthopedic residency, and hosts multiple CEU courses annually. The current entry-level curriculum is well-developed and produces clinically strong graduates.
ATSU Mesa Campus Interdisciplinary Research Lab: The Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory is a 3,000 square-foot facility with an expanded offering of research equipment and opportunities to study neuromuscular, metabolic, and cognitive function. The Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory houses the following resources:
- 12-camera Vicon™ Motion Analysis System with Motion Monitor™ software and high performance computer to capture kinematic data
- in-floor Kistler 9286 AA Slimline Force Plate
- a NeuroCom® Smart Balance Master with a long forceplate and the
a pair of RealEyesTM binocular XDVR video goggles and camera
- LigMaster computerized stress device, available for assessment of ankle, knee, elbow, and glenohumeral joint force-displacement characteristics
- Biometrics electrogoniometers from Motion Lab Systems
- GAITRite® gait analysis system
- Parvo® metabolic system with ECG, CosMed® portable metabolic system, treadmill, Lode electronically braked adult and pediatric cycle ergometers, Monark cycle ergometer, blood draw chair, and YSI Glucose/Lactate analyzer system
Research Support: The ATSU Sponsored Programs office provides extensive research support for acquiring external research funding, from pre-award assistance in finding an appropriate funding opportunity and developing the award application, to post-award assistance and grants management. Additionally, ATSU offers a number of internal competitive grant awards to support faculty, interns, fellows, and students in launching pilot studies that will better prepare them to undertake larger, external grant funding.
A.T. Still University Center for Occupational and Physical Therapy: A teaching center for ATSU’s occupational and physical therapy student that offers pro bono treatment services under the supervision of faculty for a wide variety of conditions http://atsu.edu/o-pt-center
Residency Education: Faculty with board specialty certifications in orthopedic or neurologic rehabilitation are involved with teaching, mentorship, and continuing education offerings in our accredited residency programs.
ATSU is a fully-accredited graduate health professions institution. As the founding school of Osteopathic Medicine, ATSU is committed to the integration of body, mind and spirit. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.atsu.edu.
Interested applicants should: Complete an application online at atsu.edu/ashs-1763 and include a cover letter, curriculum vita, names and contact information of three professional references to:
Virginia Little, PT, PhD
Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy
AT Still University, Arizona School of Health Sciences
5850 East Still Circle
Mesa, Arizona 85206
Phone: 480 218-6078
You may also reach out to Dr. Little directly for inquiries about the position at email@example.com .
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Mesa