Lead Custodian (Day Shift)
Lead Custodian (Day Shift)
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Custodial Department is seeking a lead custodian to supervise the full-time, part-time, and temporary custodial personnel in proper floor care, cleaning, furniture set-up/moving, and safety procedures.
Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent plus one year of full-time custodial experience, including some supervision. Part-time experience will be prorated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of training in the proper use of hazardous chemicals and products.
* Knowledge of all floor types such as terrazo, cement, wood, vinyl, and ceramic tile, as well as carpet fibers, weaves, and backings.
* Knowledge of waxes/polishes, acids, other chemicals, buffers, extractors, vacuums, and scrubbers.
* Knowledge of current cleaning techniques and proper cleaning chemicals.
* Knowledge of proper radio communications.
* Knowledge of pest control.
* Knowledge of general maintenance operations.
* Knowledge of body fluid cleanup and proper protection.
* Skills in the use of proper custodial and maintenance techniques.
* Skills supervising, training, and developing employees.
* Skills in effective communication, problem-solving, and decision-making.
* Ability to supervise and provide on-the-job training.
* Ability to perform heavy lifting with the ability to expend arduous physical effort and to work in conditions that may involve some hazards and considerable discomforts.
* Ability to learn new computer programs and then to train new employees on how to use those programs.
Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. Considerable physical activity - heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $29,461 - $36,827
Advertisement Number: STA43721
Open Date: 07/15/2021
Review Start Date: 07/30/2021
Close Date: 7/29/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of one reference. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23491
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.