Senior Ecology Instructor
University of Idaho
Senior Ecology Instructor
Location: Moscow, Boise
Division/College: College of Natural Resources
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $61,914.82 or commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position will be responsible for: 1) instruction of existing online ecology- and restoration-focused courses at the undergraduate and graduate level; 2) developing and delivering new online ecology and restoration courses to broaden CNR’s portfolio of online courses that will support undergraduate and graduate programs; 3) advise both undergraduate and graduate students about professional opportunities during and after completion of their academic programs; 4) assist with student recruitment; 5) assist the faculty and staff in partnering with local, state, and federal agencies, as well as private industry and non-profit organizations, to effectively prepare students for professional positions related to ecology and ecosystem restoration; 6) Assisting and facilitating faculty trainings and support for instruction training and evaluation for online course delivery
- Education: MS degree in natural resources or related field.
- Coursework in ecology, ecosystem restoration, and related fields.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with teams and with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective and skilled in use of computer software for presentation and online delivery, course management, and for data management and analysis, including spreadsheets, statistical software such as R, and geographic information systems.
- PhD degree in natural resources or related field.
- Experience teaching technical material to college-age students in an online environment.
- Experience in teaching college-level academic courses and professional workshops.
- Experience developing and delivering online courses in the subject areas of ecology and ecosystem restoration.
- Skilled in collecting, summarizing and interpreting field data for application to ecological restoration and natural resources management issues, synthesizing and presenting science to students, and to current natural resource professionals in timely, effective manner.
- Experience in writing scientific articles for publication in refereed journals or as technical reports.
- Experience applying ecological principles in a professional or “real-world” environment, especially activities associated with on-the-ground restoration or natural resource management.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000928P
Posting Date: 07/09/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted their materials by July 23rd, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.