University of Idaho
Location: Coeur d’Alene
Division/College: University Outreach - Northern Idaho
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.95 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Building Superintendent will ensure assigned buildings and areas are clean, accessible, safe, and secure. Perform skilled duties in the operation, maintenance and repair of the Coeur d'Alene Center (UICDA) and the University of Idaho Research Park (UIRP) in Post Falls. The position works as a building services team member responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the facility and the grounds. The position will oversee maintenance, cleaning and grounds maintenance contractors; scheduling and performing maintenance, repairs and installations. The Building Superintendent will communicate with supervisor, clientele and building tenants to coordinate all facility needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- commercial custodial work, custodial safety practices including cleaning agents, sanitation and infection control
- operating and maintaining industrial-type cleaning equipment
- contractor supervision
- semi-skilled maintenance and repair involving carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance trades work
- using and maintaining tools and equipment normally associated with carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, and electrical work
- using landscaping tools and equipment to maintain grounds
- basic computer skills
- Some experience with space planning; electrical aspects of commercial buildings.
- Knowledge of computerized building control and data systems.
- Experience interpreting architectural, structural, plumbing, and electrical diagrams, and plans and specifications, interpreting technical codes and ordinances, evaluating facilities to determine construction and modification needs, developing maintenance programs for buildings and related systems, preparing construction reports and maintaining related records.
- Experience performing commercial building facility maintenance; performing skilled repair and maintenance in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, building maintenance and grounds related work, using the tools and equipment associated with the trades indicated; reading blueprints and specifications; estimating material needs and costs for jobs; maintaining records and writing reports.
- Knowledge of heating, ventilating, and air conditions (HVAC) work
- building and life safety codes
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to: climb ladders, bend, stoop, lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing up to approximately 60 pounds and to stand and walk continuously throughout shift.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule.
Posting Number: SP002912P
Posting Date: 07/09/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by August 6, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.