Administrative and Lockshop Assistant
Administrative and Lockshop Assistant
Located in the historic community of Walla Walla, Whitman's beautiful tree-lined campus is home to an intellectually dynamic, diverse, and supportive community of some 500 staff and faculty and 1,500 students. With an endowment exceeding $700 million, fiercely loyal alumni, exceptional students, and accomplished faculty and staff, Whitman College continues to build on its national reputation for academic excellence ranking as one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country.
Whitman College is building a diverse academic community and especially encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college's learning environment. Whitman College is an EEO employer.
Whitman College is hiring for an administrative assistant that also supports the lock shop recordkeeping. This is a regular 20 hour position.
Under general direction of the Director or designee, this position fulfills administrative functions and supports the Lock Shop in Facilities Services performing all support duties necessary for the efficient operation of Facilities Services. Technical and administrative functions are specifically delegated.
- Supports the daily operation of Facilities Services and regularly consults with the director on all matters involving the office.
- Answers the telephone and receives visitors, takes and routes phone messages, and answers questions pertaining to Facilities Services' operations.
- Prepares, documents, and distributes daily work as needed.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, and budget information for the director.
- Utilizes Facility Services work order system and computers (e.g. email, creating reports).
- Maintains radio communication with the Facilities Services Team.
- Processes all the departments invoices, including summaries and reports for the Director.
- Processes all the project (e.g. life cycle, capital) invoices, including summaries and reports for the Director.
- Organizes and reconciles all billing for the end of the fiscal year.
- Updates all general ledger with the Controller's office.
- Respond to follow-up billing questions.
- Reviews and processes purchase approvals and purchase requisitions for Facilities Services.
- When requested, assists with the preparation of special reports, summaries, or general accounting inquiries for various departmental accounting.
- Updates and manages locksmith software program.
- Maintains all key records.
- Manages loaning keys for projects.
- Receives, processes and assigns keys
- Distributes and collects deposits for keys to campus buildings.
- on the assigned shift.
- Completes other duties or projects as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Demonstrates general office skills including spelling, proofreading, composition of correspondence, and the ability to use general office equipment including telephones, computers, copy/fax machine.
- Demonstrates effective communication, both orally and written.
- Ability to work well with all college constituencies. Willingness to work as part of a team, and to take on responsibilities which will help the team reach the goals of Facilities Services. Must be able to be flexible in work with the computer and the ability to learn new software programs.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use two-way radio to communicate with Facilities Services personnel.
- Serves as essential personnel, meaning duties are essential to the operations of the College and may require that the position report to campus for work even during full or partial closures, emergencies, inclement weather, etc.
- Ability to positively and actively contribute to the College's core values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to be reliable and capable of working independently.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use computers to respond to email, create reports and use spreadsheets and use software including Microsoft Office, the reservation system and the inventory program.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Associate Degree or the equivalent in experience.
Application review will begin July 26, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
September 7, 2021
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://whitman.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=90