Event Support Coordinator
University of Idaho
Event Support Coordinator
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.67 per hour or more depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The event coordinator plays a critical role in the planning and execution of events that occur on campus. The event coordinator is responsible for assisting clients by providing advance planning support, coordinating, and arranging resources, providing quotes and invoices and playing a key role in the day of execution. Additionally, the event coordinator plays a key role in establishing and strengthening relationships with on campus and off campus stakeholders.
• High School diploma or GED • A minimum of one year experience in event planning or related work experience;
• Experience developing, recommending, and evaluating program procedures and recommending changes as necessary;
• Two or more years’ experience in event planning including the planning/organization, execution and evaluation of events with varied audiences and goals;
• Experience recruiting, organizing and/or managing volunteers and work crews;
• Public relations or marketing experience;
• Knowledge of development activities, preferably in higher education;
• Accurate attention to detail and able to analyze several pieces of information;
• Initiative, resourcefulness and ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines;
• Experience in managing budgets;
• Knowledge of University of Idaho organizational structure and policies and procedures
• Excellent writing and communication skills;
• Possesses and demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills such that one can work with independently and in a multi-layered team environment while fostering positive relationships, teamwork and cooperation so that the organization can be successful in meeting its goals;
• Ability to provide creative solutions to complex problems and challenges;
• Ability to manage the relationships and expectations of competing interests and stakeholders.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift, carry and/or otherwise move up to 25 pounds.
Posting Number: SP002894P
Posting Date: 07/01/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by July 15, 2021 will received first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.