University of Idaho
Division/College: Provost/Exec VP Area
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $26.16 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This recruitment is for two full-time executive assistants.
- Executive Assistant to the Vice Provost for Faculty, and
- Executive Assistant to the Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives and the Vice Provost for Digital Learning Initiatives.
Applicants will be considered for both positions.
Supporting and working with the Vice Provost(s), the Executive Assistant is a member of the administrative shared services team led by the Senior Executive Assistant to the Provost and Executive Vice President. Responsibility areas include but are not limited to, managing competing priorities, meeting multiple deadlines, providing support for major initiatives that have broad impact across the institution in the relevant work functions of the unit, providing high-level administrative support to university-wide committees, and acting as a liaison between the Vice Provost and constituents. The position supports the Senior Executive Assistant to the Provost/EVP by participating in office and unit decision making, ensuring the goals of the unit are met, identifying problems and recommending solutions, and analyzing information and data to make recommendations to support the goals of the office/unit. Work and information handled is of a nature regularly requiring confidentiality and the exercise of discretion.
High School diploma or equivalent. 1. At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a high pace, deadline driven administrative support position.
2. Managing multiple priorities, simultaneous demands, and exercising sound judgement within areas of responsibility while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
3. Managing and coordinating complex projects and executive level meetings including progress tracking and follow-up.
4. Analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues.
5. Performing with attention to detail including editing and proofreading documents.
6. Working in a team environment to accomplish shared goals.
1. A degree relevant to the qualifications and responsibilities described in the position description with at least three (3) years of experience as an executive level administrative assistant or office manager in an executive level office of a public entity, preferably in an educational environment.
2. Work independently with minimal supervision and under pressure to plan projects and implement operational strategies to meet unit goals.
3. Working in a senior leadership environment using Microsoft 365 programs, OneDrive, and SharePoint for work activities and for performing calendar management activities.
4. Aptitude for learning new concepts and new technology.
5. Demonstrate a commitment to working collaboratively and creatively; in particular to disseminate knowledge to ensure best practices are conducted in compliance with policies, regulations, and laws.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002901P
Posting Date: 07/07/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
ATTENTION APPLICANTS: To be fully considered for the position please submit a resume, a list of three references and a business formatted letter addressing each of the required and preferred qualifications. Responses should provide examples of your experience and relate to the job responsibility areas of this position. This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before July 28, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.