University of Idaho
Location: Kimberly, Off Campus Location - Kimberly R & E Center
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $44,595 per year or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Assist the principal investigator with research and extension activities which include conducting field and storage management research of potatoes. Job duties include collaborating with the Principal Investigator to plan and conduct laboratory, field and storage trials, collect and analyze data using statistical software. Additional duties include contributing ideas for planning research and extension programming, preparing written and oral reports, presenting results at local and regional meetings, contributing to refereed journal articles, training, and supervision of hourly employees, and assisting graduate students with projects. Travel will be required to maintain and evaluate trials and attend meetings/conferences.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Plant Science or similar field. • Two years of post-bachelor’s research experience.
• Master of Science degree in Plant Science or related field.
• Collecting and managing data from laboratory, field and storage-based agronomic experiments.
• Using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, data organization (spreadsheets) and statistical analysis.
• Experience in research, technical competence, and technical writing skills.
• Working with small plot equipment and following recommended safety practices.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems and work effectively in a team setting.
• Experience with websites, development of extension deliverables, delivery of presentations to growers and other crop production clientele, and preparation of journal article or similar publications.
• Experience developing technical lab and experimental procedures and records.
• Knowledge of potato biology and agronomics of potato production.
• Experience supervising staff and students.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift, carry and/or otherwise move materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
Posting Number: SP002897P
Posting Date: 07/07/2021
Closing Date: 7/21/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.