University of Idaho
Financial and Administrative Specialist
$18.46 per hour or higher depending on education
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Operations, the Financial and
Administrative Specialist provides financial and administrative
support for the Division of Student Affairs. This position will
provide financial support for units within Student Affairs, as
directed by the Sr. Director. That support may include: routine
processing of financial and personnel transactions, running reports
and analyzing data, monitoring and maintaining budgets, identifying
and resolving errors, providing fiscal oversight and interpreting
policies and procedures. Physically located in the Department of
Student Involvement, this position provides administrative support
to the unit by maintaining the organization of the office, keeping
track of inventory and supplies, ensuring front desk coverage, and
assists with some scheduling. These duties will be completed with a
high level of discretion and confidentiality related to student and
staff issues in a professional business setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of administrative financial support.
- Experience with financial record keeping methods.
- Experience researching and compiling financial information and
preparing summaries and reports.
- Experience working with a database software to enter, retrieve,
and edit financial data.
- Experience working with word processing, spreadsheets and
database software to develop financial reports.
- Experience handling competing issues of different
- Experience following, explaining and enforcing policies and
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Bachelors degree.
- Experience with financial processes in higher education.
- Experience explaining policies and procedures accurately to a
variety of people.
- Experience working in an environment that requires maintaining
- Experience working in a complex team environment.
- Banner experience.
- Experience staying organized and ability to prioritize in a
- Demonstrated ability to: communicate well verbally and in
writing; develop and maintain a good working relationship with
diverse individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic
backgrounds at all organizational levels.
Open Until Filled:
Please provide a letter of qualification addressing the
required and preferred experience and education. This document
should be more detailed than a traditional cover letter and should
address the position qualifications.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative