Lieutenant, Police Operations
Lieutenant, Police Operations
Department: Campus Police
Post Date: 06/16/2021
Position Available Date: 06/23/2021
Performs administrative duties related to the management of the University Police Department. Oversees the patrol operations of the University Police Department, including crime prevention, loss prevention, traffic management, and related duties. Schedules officers assigned to patrol operations. Provides effective and continual training, professional development and mentoring to patrol officers. Oversees and generates accurate and thorough patrol operations reports and documentation. Oversees security for special events, including schedules, logistics, traffic/crowd control, signage and training. Manages assigned safety training programs, including attendance, expiration and recommendations for content updates. Manages assigned facility inspections within prescribe specifications and timeframe. Performs all duties assigned to law enforcement personnel. Work schedule includes varied hours and shifts (day, evening, night and weekend schedules may apply at the onset of employment and may be changed during the course of employment). Work schedule also includes an on-call rotation which requires a “no more than 30-minute” response time from the time of call to arrival on campus.
1. A Bachelor's degree is required. A Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred.
2. A current and valid Advanced Peace Officer certification from TCOLE is required.
3. A minimum of five (5) years full time employment experience in law enforcement is required.
4. A minimum of three (3) years' experience as a supervisor in a law enforcement setting is required.
5. Competency in presentation and training skills are required.
6. Proficiency in grammar, spelling and report-writing is required.
7. Proficiency in law enforcement equipment, vehicle and weapons is required.
8. Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills.
9. Must possess a valid Texas driver's license and be insurable by UMHB auto insurance carrier.
Salaries and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please attach a resume and a cover letter of interest with your online application.
Online applications as well as supporting documentation may also be submitted/completed in person at:
UMHB Human Resources Division
UMHB Box 8020
900 College Street
Belton, TX 76513
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please contact HR directly at Ext. 4527 to ascertain which documents are required to apply for this position. Please contact the Human Resources Division directly, rather than the hiring department/supervisor, to assure equal opportunity of our process.
To apply, visit https://umhb.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2zc18of47zf $GUID$