Non-Tenure Track Assistant Professor/Instructor, Professional Sales
William Paterson University invites applications for a non-tenure-track (10-month) position for academic year 2021-22 at the rank of Assistant Professor or Instructor in the AASCB accredited Cotsakos College of Business, Department of Management, Marketing, and Professional Sales, to teach professional sales and marketing courses beginning Fall 2021.
The initial appointment is for five years to be renewed annually in each of those five years based on a satisfactory evaluation of qualifications, teaching excellence, effective service to students, and collegiality. Subsequent contracts can be available based on satisfactory performance and departmental need.
Join an energetic campus community and distinguished business faculty where excellence is reflected in mission, diversity and student success. The AACSB accredited Cotsakos College of Business strives to increase student success with an enhanced focus on technology, globalization, professional enrichment, and stakeholder engagement.
The College continuously works to elevate the quality of its programs and develop new offerings to meet the changing needs of students as they navigate emerging professional fields of study. The College offers baccalaureate degrees in the functional business disciplines of Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning, Global Business, Marketing, Management, and Professional Sales. In addition, the College offers the MBA degree with concentrations in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resource Management, and Marketing, and specialized MS degrees in Applied Business Analytics, Finance and Financial Services, and Professional Sales.
In response to an increasing market demand, the College has integrated professional sales into the curriculum of most of its undergraduate and MBA programs, and continues to grow its innovative Professional Sales major. These targeted program enhancements have resulted in an explosive demand, which the College is endeavoring to meet.
For more information please visit https://www.wpunj.edu/ccob/
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach graduate and undergraduate classes, online and face-to-face; load is subject to continuing professional and or scholarly engagement to maintain qualification according to the College's qualification criteria
- Develop course content, objectives and measures
- Provide students with consistent and effective support and guidance
- Contribute to curriculum and program development
- Advise and mentor students and student organizations
- Provide leadership and support for co-curricular educational programs and events
- Other teaching duties as assigned, depending on departmental needs
- Participate in departmental, college and university events designed for student recruitment, retention and graduation
- Serve on department committees as needed
- Participate in the College's Assurance of Learning (assessment) program
- Engage with the professional sales community and participate in professional development activities
- Pursue scholarly or professional activities to maintain qualification status for AACSB accreditation, which could include developing research stream, collaborations with department and College faculty
- Doctorate or ABD in Sales or Marketing from an AACSB accredited business program. Candidates without a Ph.D. will be appointed at the rank of Instructor.
- Ability to teach sales and marketing courses at graduate and undergraduate levels in multiple modalities; ability to teach online or willingness to learn to teach online.
- Evidence of teaching excellence, and an established record or promise of professional or scholarly engagement and achievement.
- Preference will be given to candidates with validated sales experience and excellence in teaching evidenced by peer and student evaluations, and exposure to curricular development in online and hybrid formats.
- Candidates with professional backgrounds, consulting experience, and skills to build industry and business relationships are strongly encouraged to apply.
Personal attributes and traits:
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a collaborative environment by freely offering expertise and being open to meaningful feedback.
- Commitment to supporting student success.
- Capable of engaging and contributing in order to make a positive impact.
- Ability to navigate the complexities of a multi-faceted organization with competing wants and needs.
- Capable of identifying key components of a problem, possible solutions, and the action to obtain the desired result.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence both in practice and in the assessment of self and others.
Please click here to apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter & CV
Provide names/contacts of three professional references.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. General questions related to this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the one of the most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls over 9,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity institution that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students.