Arizona State University
School of Geog Sci & Urban Pln
Provides general technical data support to projects, as well as assisting with GIS data production and project deliverables, including data compilation, data management and editing, data analysis, quality assurance, and cartography. In addition, this position will be part of an active team responsible for the design and implementation of web-based data applications.
$35,568- $55,000 per year; DOE
- Provides general cartographic support for project maps and report deliverables, including creating and editing report-quality map layouts and other media.
- Provides general GIS and data management support to projects, including creating and managing geospatial datasets, geodatabases and relational databases, and editing spatial data.
- Coordinates with project teams regarding GIS requirements and deliverables.
- Provides support for the design and implementation of custom data and mapping solutions, including data entry, data management for projects, supporting mobile data collection activities, and creating and maintaining web-based maps and applications using ArcGIS Online and customized applications.
- Uses third party, non-traditional mapping platforms (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) to produce high quality aesthetic deliverables and supplemental graphics.
- Analyzes data and writes research progress reports.
- Assists in the development of written operating procedures
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND two years related research experience; OR, Six years research experience appropriate to the area of assignment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of the subject discipline.
- Knowledge of modern research methods, data collection and analysis and skill in their application.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating data.
- Skill in report writing.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Use office equipment such as calculator, telephone, computer, printer, fax and copier.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
For more information visit sgsup.asu.edu
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 69502BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4297338