The Art Institute of Atlanta is seeking an experienced Dean of
Admissions to lead the main campus in Atlanta and the branch campus
located in Virginia Beach. In the role as Dean, you will be
responsible for managing the enrollment and financial aid teams
that assist prospective students and ensuring engagement through
all points of the application process. Interested candidates
should possess a passion and dedication for student success and a
track record of leading both admissions and financial aid teams at
the college level.
Summary: Under the direction of the
President and receiving support from the VP – Enrollment Services,
this position is responsible for managing the enrollment and
front-end financial aid teams to ensure a personalized and seamless
approach to recruitment, admission, financial aid packaging and
enrollment of new students. Manages the day-to-day operations
of student enrollment and front-end financial aid thru virtual
interactions and strategic practices. Ensures the enrollment
and financial aid teams are staffed and trained on all federal,
state and accrediting body standards, practices and policies to
Incumbent must assure that The Arts Institutes International,
LLC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth,
involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic
principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation,
positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the
duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Responsible for ensuring enrollment goals are achieved,
provides President with regular updates on attainment of enrollment
and financial aid metrices. Participates in the development
of quarterly and annual enrollment goals for the campuses.
- Manage the process of turning prospective students into
admitted students, utilizing the student recruitment Customer
Relationship Management (CRM) system and associated communication
systems to maximize effective outreach to prospective
- Interacts with prospective new students to provide assistance
in resolving obstacles for enrollment.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely completion, collection and
submission of student documentation from inquiry to matriculation.
Ensures all students have all required documents completed and
submitted prior to starting class.
- Hires, trains and manages the enrollment and financial aid
teams. Ensures teams are staffed and complete all trainings
required to maintain compliance with all federal, state, local and
accrediting body standards. Performance manages the teams,
sets ongoing goals/expectations, completes corrective actions steps
and monitors follow-up.
- Provides scheduled, structured and comprehensive feedback to
members of the enrollment and financial aid teams on performance,
works with VP – Enrollment Services on identifying training to
improve individual and team performance.
- Works in collaboration with Academic Affairs and Student
Services to coordinate in person, virtual and off-campus events
focused on increasing student interest in programs offered through
the Art institutes.
- Supports goals of other departments on campus, attends all
leadership meetings and shows executive presence in dealing with
other functional leaders and department on campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports To: President
Interacts with: VP – Enrollment Services
Supervises: Director of Financial Aid –
Prospective Students, Enrollment Counselors, Enrollment
Coordinators, student workers
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience
managing an enrollment / financial aid team.
- Experience within college enrollment and financial aid,
preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations,
codes and / or statutes.
- Good general and e-business knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the
ability to build successful relationships with student
- Budgeting principles and practices
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Must be goal oriented and ethical.
- Proven success in mentoring, training and managing Enrollment
Counselor / Enrollment Coordinator and Financial Aid officer
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, program specific
- Inspire, motivate and lead a remote enrollment / financial aid
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet
frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued