Job No: 496723
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: University Advancement / Alumni Relations
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends - by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments - that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
Lead with Integrity
Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
Be Open and Receptive
Nurture Creativity and Innovation
Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
As part of UA, the Center for Alumni & Family Engagement seeks to create significant relationships between Bucknell and its alumni and parent communities to help secure resources necessary for the University to fulfill its educational mission.
The Events Coordinator receives work and guidance from assistant directors serving as program and event managers within the Center for responsibilities that contribute to and are supportive of assigned events. The Events Coordinator shares ownership in the Center's success, has responsibilities that help ensure constituents have a positive experience (that exceeds expectations) during interactions with Bucknell and helps achieve the UA and Center strategic objectives.
This position reports directly to the assigned Assistant Director, Engagement Events.
* Creates online registration sites (including forms and web pages) and emails for assigned events within the provided registration design software, using branded and approved styles, colors, typography, formats and content and ensuring appropriate reviews and tests.
* Ensures proper reviews and tests of event registration sites.
* Obtains and loads accurate invitation lists to registration sites.
* Ensures and maintains up-to-date and accurate event information in the division's central customer relationship management system, ensuring the event and communication calendar, as well as event information, are kept up to date.
* Provides customer service to constituents for assigned events by answering registration-related questions, addressing issues, etc. that arise before, during and after the events. This includes phone, email or in person.
* Creates registration-related reports as needed for assigned events.
* Provides name badges and other print collateral for events as needed and requested.
* Assists program and event managers as requested with logistical preparations for events, the order of event supplies, submissions of vendor invoices for payment, contract submissions, etc.
* Serves as a liaison as needed with the division's Records office and with the Print, * Publications & Mail office for graphic design, print, and mailing needs.
* Helps to coordinate attendee check-in processes for events as needed.
* Fulfills staffing positions at events as needed.
* Manages any refunds needed for event attendees according to a defined process.
* Manages and respects confidential and sensitive information.
* Participates in continuous improvement plans for the Center for Alumni & Family Engagement.
* Builds surveys and compiles collection of responses as needed.
* Assists with other office functions and activities as needed and participates in regular staff meetings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
-High school diploma or equivalent
-Two years of customer service or office experience
-Experience that demonstrates exceptional organizational and time management skills, independently setting own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines
-Demonstrated customer service or relationship building experience showing a high level of diplomacy and ability to interact with diverse constituencies in a highly professional manner
-Experience indicating technology skills necessary to develop a mastery of the online event registration system and other team technologies
-Experience with web page layout/design and knowledge of good web page layout principles
-Experience demonstrating mid-level or higher skills in tools such Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word and Excel
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to support UA's events including blocks of time for major events such as Family Weekend, Reunion Weekend and Homecoming, as well as other event support as required. Staff are expected to mark their calendars for major events and events in their department. Exceptions require supervisor approval.
May be requested to travel on occasion.
Some mild to moderate physical activity may be necessary.
State and federal background checks will be required to work at certain events.
-Demonstrated knowledge of processing and reconciling credit cards and other types of payment transactions
-Experience with software/platforms like Cvent, Smartsheet, Basecamp, Emma and Blackbaud's Advancement Module
-Basic management skills to provide support and guidance of staff and volunteers during events
-Valid U.S. driver's license
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496723/events-coordinator