Administrative Assistant - K
Office of Advancement
Duration of Position:
Full year / Full time
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the
values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment
of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a
pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar
College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and
applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members
of historically underrepresented groups are especially
encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Associate Vice
President for Advancement Services providing administrative support
to the AVP, departments within Advancement Services, plus provides
office-wide support to the Office of Advancement. This position
handles a high volume of activity in a fast-paced environment.
Advancement Services responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities for the Office of Advancement
800-line. This includes but is not limited to, answering questions
from constituents and forwarding calls to the appropriate staff
- May provide back- up support for mail pickups and deliveries in
office and on campus.
- Manage office-wide purchasing, including but not limited to,
office supplies, paper, printer cartridges, water deliveries,
- Provide support to the gifts team with activities such as,
opening, sorting and reviewing mail, returning calls to donors
regarding credit card gifts, entering credit card gifts into
Encompass, daily delivery of mail to campus offices, assisting the
gift receipt process and assisting with data entry into the
Advancement CRM database.
- Image gift documentation via a collegewide document imaging
- Work directly with the Advancement Services team to manage
calendar and fiscal year-end office activities.
- Schedule meetings and provide calendar management for the
Associate Vice President of Advancement Services.
- May be required to work overtime during calendar and
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- A minimum of three to five years of administrative support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a pleasant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to perform mail merges and understanding
of document mailing functionality in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with relational databases, specifically in customer
relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Must have a professional, problem-solving demeanor, good
judgment, and discretion.
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational skills
and the ability to effectively manage deadlines and multiple,
- Must be reliable and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive team-oriented
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2017.