Adjunct Counselor for Academic Counseling - Ossining Ext. Ctr.
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Ossining Extension Center and direction and training by the Acting Director of the Center for Academic Counseling and Student Success, the successful candidate for this position, among other responsibilities, will offer academic and career planning, and academic counseling to all college students. This position's primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist college students with the selection of curriculum choices and their requirements
- Provide personal academic counseling sessions to assess and address personal issues that might interfere with the student's academic success
- Aid students with educational, career and life skill planning
- Provide students with academic advisement based on their ability to succeed
- Advise students of transfer and employment opportunities
- Where necessary, make referrals to both on and off-campus college resources and community resources such as the Personal Counseling Department (Social Workers), Tutoring, Library, and other community resources
- Participate in projects directly related to boosting the overall success of students and improving the services the college provides
- Assist the Center Director with recruitment and retention efforts
- Assist the Center Director with class scheduling
- All other duties, as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's degree in a non-specific field and Master's degree in Guidance, Counseling, Higher Education, Student Affairs, Psychology, Sociology, or a closely related field. Two years of experience required, preferably in a higher education setting.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who can communicate in both written and spoken Spanish.
WORK SCHEDULE: Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
HOURLY RATE OF PAY: $45.32 per hour. No benefits.