Internal Title: Research Operations Associate
External Title: Public Health Associate
Supports the administration and operations of clinical, education,
and research based sponsored programs. The Research Operations
Associate will serve as a Project Manager in an administrative and
coordination capacity, assisting all key personnel and the
Principal Investigators with the tasks involved in planning,
evaluating, training, grant reporting, and disseminating results.
Sponsored programs include service-based programs that provide
services to historically underserved populations and training
• Manages the activities of the sponsored programs to ensure that
program goals and objectives at the program and project level are
accomplished within the specified timeframe.
• Drafts and submits research protocols to the Internal Review
Board both internal as well as to collaborating institutions.
• Participates in planning and development methods for project
implementation, administration, and close-out.
• May assist in pre-award activities such as grant preparation
tasks and written materials.
• Assists manager with tasks as assigned in alignment with the
research mission of the department.
• Carries out tasks using effective organizational and
communication skills both orally and in writing.
• Creates marketing materials for program recruitment
• Participates in the procurement process as related to the
• Plans out agendas for grant meetings and captures action items
• Works with project leadership, faculty and staff, to achieve the
project goals and objectives.
• Serves as the liaison between community and partner
organizations. Including dissemination of training protocols to
• Creates databases, maintains and enters the data for related
project participant questionnaires through Google docs, Eventbrite,
• Prepares reports from databases as needed for management use
(CPRIT and SAMHSA).
• Tracks and reports to research team project/program goals and
objectives and timeline.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in Health Education, Public Health or
Healthcare Management/Administration or related field may be
considered in lieu of required experience.
- Relevant experience in project coordination/management, health
education, public health, and/or healthcare.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.