Postdoctoral Fellow (PhD)
The Systems Onco-Immunology Lab (SOIL) in the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery is seeking an enthusiastic scientist to undertake research projects in the field of tumor immunology and immunotherapy. The research will focus on thoracic malignancies including lung cancer and malignant pleural mesothelioma to identify and develop novel therapeutic approaches for these malignancies. Both human tissue samples and sophisticated animal models will be utilized and analyzed using the most advanced technologies. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated. The scientist will work under the general guidance of a principal investigator but will be anticipated to plan and implement experiments and analyze their results independently. Prior experience in the field of cancer immunology or bioinformatics is highly desired though not mandatory.
Details about research in our lab can be found at: https://www.bcm.edu/departments/surgery/surgical-research/ systems-onco-immunology-lab.
- Plans research study design through systems immunologic approach integrating single-cell multi-omic data.
- Runs single-cell platforms and analyzes single-cell multi-omic data.
- Sets and performs in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- Writes manuscripts.
- Manages safety in the lab.
- Modifies and upgrades the experiments planned.
- Writes and revises protocols for IRB.
- Checks all equipment in the lab regularly.
- Supervises students and research assistants.
- Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience.
- PhD degree in Cancer Immunology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field.
- Experience in single cell multi-omic and next generation sequencing data analysis.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston