Lead, Research Administration
The Lead, Research Administration will support the department faculty by managing the pre- and post-award processes for grant activity assigned in the Department of Medicine. This role will assist the research director in maintaining research databases and generating reports for the department leadership team. The position is expected to be the knowledge base for sections admin, research administrative staff, PIs, and may train and mentor lower-level associates. This individual will review work done by other members of the central research team to ensure applications are complete and accurate for final submission under supervision of the Research Director.
- Assists investigators to prepare federal, state and industry grants, contracts and subcontract submissions internally and externally. These submission can be as small as $50K/year to >$500K a year.
- Serves as POC between sponsors, PIs, collaborating institutions.
- Gathers and creates documents necessary for grant submission including budgets, budget justification, other support, statement of work, and communicates timelines to investigator to ensure applications are submitted on time to the central office for review and approval.
- Trains, mentors, and/or supervises lower-level research associates.
- Creates/updates training manuals and other sponsors and institution policies/procedures for the department.
- Assists Research Director to review and approve grant applications for accuracy and completeness for the Department in the College's electronic Biomedical Research and Assurance Information Network (BRAIN)
- Ensures investigators and applications are compliant with all guidelines.
- Attends workshops on research administration for continued education and contribute to the development and improvement of the pre-/post- award management process.
- Submits invoices to sponsors when applicable.
- Provides oversight and support on post-awards managements to section administrators and other members of research administration team in the department.
- Advises section administrator and PIs to confirm sourcing of research staff to appropriate accounts monthly.
- Assists research director in monitoring time and effort reporting for the department.
- Maintains research database and generates reports for department leadership.
- Provides support on T32 awards management such as tables for new, non-competing and competing renewal submissions, trainee appointments, terminations, career tracking via x-tract system.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Prior research administration experience.
- CRA (Certified Research Administrator) or will expect the person to get certified during their employment in the department.
- Good communication, accountable, organized, self-motivated, team player, works well under pressure, multitasker.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston