College Counselor (Part-time) (Remote/Tele-Counseling)* *Must
reside in PA
Support an increasingly diverse student body to address personal,
academic and social stressors, including navigating a PWI as a
racially under-represented person, mental health and wellness,
racial trauma, and PTSD through remote tele-counseling contact with
clients and related services and interactions. August 15, 2020
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides crisis, short-term, and longer-term outpatient mental
health and/or substance abuse therapy and case management.
• Provides therapy using individual, family, couple and/or group
• Assists clients in identifying community resources and making
appropriate referrals per request and identified need of the
• Maintains appropriate professional records on each client and
communicates client information in a confidential and professional
• Provide consultation services to faculty, staff, parents/family
and students to enhance personal development and wellness.
• Develops and implements individualized treatment plan and
behavioral goals, consulting with Counseling Services and
contracted psychiatric team as appropriate.
• Informs Administrative Lead of any difficulties relating to
patient satisfaction, treatment issues, procedural concerns, and
other departmental or public relations concerns.
• Assures that all office procedures, policies, and required
reports are developed, followed and completed in a timely
• Works with the Administrative Lead to contribute to annual goals
and objectives for Juniata Counseling Services.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Paid hourly, no benefits
• 5-10 hours weekly as arranged
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as
such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of
thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well
as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is
committed to creating a welcoming community supported by
relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We
endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members
with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute,
and thrive. Please join us…
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background
• Master’s degree in clinical/counseling psychology or social
• Comfortability and/or experiences with remote or tele-counseling
• Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social
• Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and
• Successful completion of background checks.
* MUST RESIDE IN PENNSYLVANIA
Operates within established regulations and procedures of Juniata
Counseling Services. Reports directly to the Counseling Services
Administrative Lead, and indirectly to the Vice President for
Student Life and Dean of Students.
See position Qualifications
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please complete the on-line application
Open Until Filled
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Government Employment Agency
- Private Employment Agency
- Employee (please explain in follow up question)
- Relative (please explain in follow up question)
- Advertisement - Source (please explain in follow up
- Other (please explain in follow up question)
- If you were referred by a person, advertisement or other,
please explain here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 References