Information Technology Services Associate
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES ASSOCIATE
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is seeking an Information Technology Service Associate to support student success by providing a reliable and innovative technology environment for students, faculty, and staff to improve teaching, learning, and support operations.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The basic function of this position is to support the computer hardware and software used by students, administrators, faculty and staff in a variety of academic settings and to achieve student success.
- Provides computer hardware and software technical support both in person and remote technical support to students, administrators, faculty and staff.
- Maintains, installs and tests software applications on computer hardware throughout the college.
- Submits help desk tickets to assist students, administrators, faculty and staff with technology related issues
- Protects physical technology assets in public areas and other settings, through ongoing equipment refresh, planning maintenance, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and asset inventory management.
- Manages, tracks, and protects equipment that is designated for use by students, administrators, faculty and staff.
- Facilitates use of equipment for various internal and external events.
- Assembles and disassembles equipment on site before and after classes.
- Provides limited training to audio-visual/multi-media equipment users.
- Adherence to after hours, emergency, holiday and/or on-call schedule.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Processing or related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a history of progressively increasing responsibility and accomplishments, preferably, in a college or comparable academic setting.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Must be able to work on Saturday
- Knowledge and experience with supporting both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Knowledge of all current versions of Microsoft Windows (Windows 10), all current internet browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari) including networking concepts and general technical troubleshooting skills.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Great team player and self-starter.
WE OFFER : Excellent health benefits at a low cost; Investment plans 403(b) & 457(b); SURS Retirement Plan; Generous vacation, holidays, personal and sick days; Tuition Reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits please visit our benefits page.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected as a Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago