Media Specialist - Part-Time
The part-time Media Specialist position is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of the media department and providing audio-visual (AV) support services that facilitate the presence of technology in the classroom for faculty and students at Harold Washington College. This position is also responsible for providing AV support for events, meetings, conferences and various other similar activities.
- Ensures availability of functional equipment for AV requests from faculty and staff, including, but not limited to, resolution requiring laptop/computer set-up, microphone set-up, and usage of control system like Crestron/Amx or Extron for Smart boards and sound systems.
- Apprises staff of new software, AV, and related resources, and maintains knowledge of technologies in areas of presentation systems, AV equipment, etc.
- Coordinates on-campus and off-campus special events and facilitates their success by serving as a liaison between the media department and other departments and personnel.
- Manages and supports the integration of media and technology, the maintenance of state-of-the-art media equipment, and requests for media services from students, faculty and staff.
- Provides technology support in coordination with other campus based technical resources and district office technical resources as assigned.
- Coordinates repair of AV equipment and hardware covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Processing or related area, supplemented by two years of technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a history of progressively increasing responsibility and accomplishments, preferably, in a college or comparable academic setting.
- Strong technical aptitude and trouble-shooting ability to facilitate proper use of equipment. Working knowledge of and experience with AV equipment, including, but not limited to, Smart boards, projectors, microphones, and related tools.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Great team player and self-starter.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago