College Administrative Assistant I
COLLEGE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
Truman College is looking a qualified candidate for the College Administrative Assistant I position to work in our Office of Instruction. The College Administrative Assistant I will perform administrative, personnel, and/or fiscal services in the department. The Office of Instruction works to maintain the academic integrity of the curriculum, empowers faculty in the classroom, and supports student success in a dynamic learning environment.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Greet and assist visitors to the office
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face inquiries
- Collect, organize, and submit a variety of payment requests
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain contact lists
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Maintain office supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Suggest and implements ways to improve the efficiency of operations
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Develop and update administrative systems for greater efficiency
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent is required; two years of college supplemented by at least two years of progressively responsible clerical and administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of public and business administration. Considerable knowledge of department practices and procedures. Good knowledge of general office computer software.
- Ability to work and interact with the general public and college personnel. Ability to speak and write effectively. Ability to plan, assign and supervise administrative and clerical tasks.
- Good organizational skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Good computer and keyboarding skills.
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago