Project Coordinator-Title V-STEM Grant Research Project
Under general supervision, the Professional Expert provides assistance and support in accordance with assignments and directions from the supervisor. Professional Experts:
- Have specialized knowledge or expertise not generally required of or found in the classifications established by the District.
- Must be specially trained, experienced, or competent to perform expert services.
- Are used on a temporary basis for a specific project or projects.
- Terms of employment will be described in the Professional Expert Agreement
* Retired CalPERS Annuitants: may not exceed 960 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)*
Works directly with the Supervisor in the coordination and administration of the STEM students research study project supporting the Title V STEM Grant. Performs specialized and highly complex administrative activities in support of the Title V STEM Grant research project focused on students enrolled in STEM programs.
This is a temporary, grant funded, Professional Expert position to provide support for the Golden West College STEM Center. The Professional Expert will serve as a subject matter expert specifically related to specialized research projects focused on students enrolled in STEM programs.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides specialized subject matter expert support to the Golden West College STEM Center.
- Assists with research studies specifically focused on student enrollment, retention, and completion in STEM Programs in support of the Title V STEM Grant.
- Assists STEM Director with tracking students and conducts qualitative research such as student interviews and focus groups to support on-going program improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Physical Demands
Assists the Supervisor with the planning, development, support and administration of assigned project. Exercises good judgment with a mid to high level of independent judgment; may refer policy interpretation to the Supervisor when necessary. Assists Supervisor with ongoing assessment of the project to ensure project is meeting the goals and objectives set forth by the District and/or college. OR Performs varied and highly skilled activities requiring thorough understanding of a program and related services, projects and activities. Responsible for a program with more complexity and impact and highly specialized projects and services.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in education or a research-oriented discipline such as math, psychology, speech language therapy or an equivalent discipline and three years of experience, which can be concurrent, in a research or data management environment. Or, an Associate's degree and six to eight years of data management and research support may be accepted
Conditions of Employment
This is a professional expert position. The District reserves the right to extend, modify, or eliminate this position based upon available funds. The effective dates of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill temporary/short-term assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary/short-term assignments as the need arises. Applications will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application .
Employment is contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
- The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application.
- Answers to ALL Supplemental Questions, if any (please provide clear and detailed responses, where applicable, as they will be carefully evaluated to determine the most qualified candidate(s) to be invited for an interview; please do not paste your resume, put 'see resume' or 'N/A', or leave blank).
- A Current Resume (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended).
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
The Coast Community College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College , Golden West College , and Orange Coast College . The three colleges offer programs in transfer, general education, occupational/technical education, community services and student support services. Coastline, Golden West and Orange Coast Colleges enroll more than 60,000 students each year in more than 300 degree and certificate programs.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Huntington Beach
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Huntington Beach
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Huntington Beach
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Huntington Beach