Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Police Telecommunicator Position's Functional Title Police Dispatcher Position Start Date 08/01/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire a Police Dispatcher for the Department of Public Safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor the campus public safety emergency base radio and other radio systems in the dispatch center.
- Address all calls for service; dispatch calls efficiently according to the nature of the call.
- Conduct Law Enforcement Agency Data System ( LEADS ) inquiries, coordinated and conducted through the GSU Police Department 911 Center and in-house LEADS system.
- May act as the emergency communication liaison between Governors State University and Federal, State, County, and Local, Public Safety agencies.
- Provide general reception to visitors, students, faculty and staff, who enter the Department of Campus Public Safety.
- Complete data entry for Campus Public Safety.
- May oversee the student workforce assigned to the Campus Public Safety dispatch center.
- Shift-related functions: Each shift will have an assigned police dispatcher. Each police dispatcher will be given additional duties by the Director or Designee, which may include a multitude of office functions and data management.
- Monitor University electronic door access system.
- Monitor campus video systems.
This is an unionized position. Minimum Qualifications
REQUIRED : DOCUMENTATION CONFIRMING HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION OR EQUIVALENT MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION, COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Must be a resident of the state of Illinois
2. High School Diploma
3. No record of conviction of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude
4. Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
5. Must be at least 21 years of age upon employment.
6. Must successfully maintain State of Illinois
Public Safety Telecommunicator certification.
7. Must successfully complete all internal police dispatch and related training.
For more details, visit: https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/Detail.aspx?tblClassIndexID=2502. Preferred Qualifications
1. Law Enforcement Agency Data System ( LEADS ) Certification.
2. Knowledge of Computer Aided Display System ( CADS ) and Records management systems. Posting Date 07/14/2021 Closing Date 07/24/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0547P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/6133 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent (College/University Transcripts may be used to substitute high school diploma/transcripts).
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
EXAMINATION DETAILS :
This vacancy involves an in person paper exam. Please see the State Universities Civil Service System ( SUCSS ) website for additional details at www.sucss.illinois.gov .
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency is required.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
**Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting. Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- * Are you a High school graduate or equivalent?
- * Have you obtained the Law Enforcement Agency Data System
- * Do you have knowledge of the Computer Aided Display System
(CADS) and Records Management Systems?
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Illinois Driver's License or Identification Card
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation
- Certification/Professional License
- Letter of Recommendation