The Department of Theatre and Dance at Santa Clara University, a
Jesuit, Catholic university located in Silicon Valley, seeks
applicants for an Academic Year Adjunct Lecturer (one year,
non-tenure-track) in technical direction in theatre. The position
also requires the ability to manage set builds onsite for mainstage
and student productions, including oversight of the scene shop,
Mayer Theatre, and associated student workers therein.
The successful candidate will teach the equivalent of 7 courses
with at least one course in each quarter, fall, winter, and spring.
Each quarter is 10 weeks long, with an 11th week set for final
examinations. The position starts September 1, 2021.
Responsibilities run for 10 months, and the salary is paid over 12
We encourage applications from candidates who will contribute to
the diversity of our college community, including members of
historically underrepresented groups.
- Terminal degree (MFA) in Theatre/Theatre Design/Production or a
closely-related field. Candidates who lack the terminal degree will
be considered if they have a bachelor's degree and equivalent
professional or academic experience (3-5 years.)
- Commitment to teaching theatre through production within a
liberal arts context.
• MFA in Theatre Design/Production or BA in Theatre preferred or
commensurate professional experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching Theatre Design/Production at
the college level.
• Demonstration of inclusive pedagogical practices that advance SCU
goals of diversity and equity.
• Experience in sound design.
• Experience in multimedia creation and production.