Workday and ERP Product Manager
Title Workday and ERP Product Manager Posting Number S00827JP Department Information Technology Job Summary
Bowdoin College seeks an in-person or remotely located Product Manager to work with the Information Technology group and various departments across campus. The Product Manager uses a foundation of technical competence to ensure that services currently delivered through Workday and Banner meet the functional needs of the College by communicating and coordinating efforts across user groups, technical staff, and vendors.
The position reports to Information Technology but works closely with functional departments, namely Human Resources, the Registrar’s Office, Finance, and Academic Affairs to address their needs and issues and find innovative solutions aligned with the technical and strategic priorities of the College. Education/Skills Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
· Demonstrated ability to consistently provide high-level customer support and resolve technical issues for a non-technical audience
· Clear examples of aligning technical needs with business goals
· Demonstrated ability to productively assemble, engage, collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams under rigorous deadlines
· Demonstrated problem-solving and relationship building skills in a variety of situations
· Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to develop cost/benefit analysis to aid senior-level management in decision making
· Highly effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences
· Fluency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and project management software
· Some knowledge of SQL or other relational databases preferred
· Strategic thinker who works proactively and can be successful through both independent and collaborative work environments Experience Requirements and/or Equivalents
· Two or more years of related experience in project management or technical business analysis (Project Management Institute certification preferred)
· Two or more years of direct hands-on experience (e.g., implementer, consultant, technical lead, etc.) with Workday or Ellucian Banner preferred
· Experience as a manager or team lead that demonstrates the ability to direct and delegate work
· Experience with higher education culture, policies and systems Standard Work Days and Hours
Generally 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This is an exempt position requiring the time commitment necessary to satisfactorily complete all job requirements. About Bowdoin
Bowdoin embraces diversity in all forms, and the College is home to talented students, faculty and staff—with a variety of racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds; religious beliefs; and gender identities, among other factors.
We encourage applications from candidates committed to the support of an inclusive campus community and those who will enrich and contribute to the College’s multifaceted diversity. We value a community in which individuals of all backgrounds are warmly welcomed and encouraged to succeed.
Founded in 1794, Bowdoin has maintained its commitment to the liberal arts for well over 200 years. Bowdoin’s reputation as a preeminent liberal arts college rests on the excellence of its faculty, students, and staff; intimate size; strong sense of community; and connections to the people, history, and natural beauty of Maine.
Bowdoin’s campus is situated in a beautiful natural setting. Located in Brunswick, Maine, a town of approximately 20,000, the College is a short drive from the Maine coast, twenty-five miles from Portland and 120 miles from Boston. Shift First Shift Employment Category Full Time Year Round FTE 1.00 Benefits Eligible Yes Pay Type Salaried Background Check Package Requirements Faculty/Administrative Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Bowdoin vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job? No Is a pre-placement physical required for this position? No Posting Date 07/09/2021 Applications Accepted Until Open Until Filled Yes Type of Posting Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicants EEO Information
Bowdoin College complies with applicable provisions of federal and state laws that prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment, admission, or access to its educational or extracurricular programs, activities, or facilities based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry and national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, place of birth, genetic predisposition, veteran status, or against qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities on the basis of disability, or any other legally protected statuses. Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this position?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Ed
- Google Search
- Maine Job Link
- Employee Referral
- Bowdoin College Website
- Radio Ad
- If you answered Employee Referral or Other, please specify
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Birch Island