The University of Colorado Boulder School of Law encourages applications for a Library Technician ! This position processes newly received Law Library materials, initial processing of invoices, claiming serials with publishers or vendors, and special projects.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We are an engaged, diverse, and inclusive community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni who help one another succeed. Our selective admissions process keeps our student body small, enabling our faculty, staff, alumni, and community to invest deeply in each student’s success. Because we take our responsibility to educate and train future lawyers very seriously, our curriculum, research centers, and experiential learning opportunities are designed to prepare students for success in today’s changing legal environment.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Process all newly received titles, verifying the exact title, choosing the exact bibliographic record, and editing the order record with accurate codes indicating the date of receipt, price, and any special handling instructions. Route materials to correct cataloger. Build brief bibliographic records and select original OCLC bibliographic records.
- Process invoices from vendors, identifying accurate order records from Millennium. Verify that all items on invoices have been received and calculate price changes, coordinating with the Serials Technician to identify missing items and claims.
- Coordinate claims processes including claiming items from the appropriate vendor using each specific vendor’s procedure.
- Correspond with vendors to resolve issues with shipments or account information. Maintain vendor contacts list.
- Coordinate special projects including acting as a back-up for mail handling and invoice entry in the campus system, placing orders with vendors for regularly ordered materials, assisting serials tech with claims, and special inventory projects.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this 75% appointment is $27,000 - $35,487 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Balanced. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Colorado residency.
- One year of acquisitions experience in a library or business setting, including accounts payable, working with vendors, and maintaining spreadsheets. Appropriate education will be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by Colorado Law Community members.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and flexibility.
- Ability to thrive independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet timelines and follow through on projects and assignments.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Two or more years of acquisitions experience in a library or business setting, including accounts payables, working with vendors, and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Experience in library materials handling.
- Experience with invoice processing, basic mathematical and office skills.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to HRESmail@colorado.edu or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 28, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder