Information Security Manager
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is seeking an Information Security Manager to develop and implement strategies to safeguard the university against new and evolving cybersecurity threats. The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day oversight and maintenance of the university’s information security program and associated policies and procedures. This individual will work closely with members of the IT team to identify and prioritize potential risks, provide recommended courses of action, and implement security controls to mitigate those risks.
• Maintain the Information Security Program and supporting policies, procedures, and guidelines
• Ensure the Information Security Program aligns with industry frameworks such as the NIST Cyber Security Framework, FFIEC Cyber Security Framework, and others as applicable.
• Monitor industry and external environments for emerging trends and threats; recommend appropriate courses of action
• Review and assess current systems and architecture for vulnerabilities, weaknesses and possible candidates for upgrade.
• Coordinate and manage internal and external security audits, reviews, and reporting activities
• Manage incident response activities including but not limited to investigation and remediation of information security incidents.
• Work with technical teams and vendors to conduct penetration and vulnerability testing and risk assessments.
• Participate in the development and implementation of security solutions including but not limited to identity and access management, patch and vulnerability management, and endpoint protection.
• Partner with stakeholders across the university to raise awareness of information security policies, procedures, and evolving concerns
• Develop and produce reports to communicate the university’s information security posture and control effectiveness.
• Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, computer science or related field
• 5+ years working within the information security field
• Experience with implementing Cyber Security Frameworks
• Industry certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, GIAC, etc.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: July 14, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur