Director of Financial Aid
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Financial Aid serves as the institution’s Chief Financial Aid Officer, responsible for leading, managing, and administering all aspects of the student financial aid program. This includes overseeing all processing and distribution of federal, state, and institutional financial aid and private scholarships for the University; monitoring compliance with state, federal, institutional and NCAA financial aid policies; and evaluating awarding practices that meet both student need and institutional enrollment strategies.
- Master's degree in Business, Student Personnel Services, Higher Education Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Five years or more of direct experience with financial aid programs at a post-secondary institution.
- At least three years of computer information systems experience.
- BANNER experience preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of federal and state financial aid programs and possess the ability to rapidly comprehend, interpret, and apply various institutional, state and federal guidelines governing financial aid.
- Excellent management and administrative skills.
- Effective and professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Absolute commitment to practicing confidentiality.
- Supervisory experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service.
The Director's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administering all federal, state, institutional and private financial aid programs and private scholarships.
- Analyzing and implementing financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Title IV regulations.
- Hiring, training, supervising, and leading a staff of six full-time employees, including the coordinator of Student Employment.
- Preparing federal and state reports in compliance with regulations meeting mandated deadlines.
- Managing the office budget.
- Providing leadership in areas of student systems development and implementation.
- Holding responsibility for daily operation of the BANNER Financial Aid module and troubleshooting problems that arise.
- Evaluating awarding practices that meet both student need and institutional enrollment strategies.
- Serving on university, state and regional committees related to financial aid.
- Working as an integrated enrollment management team member together with the Vice President for Enrollment Management, Registrar, Director of Admissions, Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy, Director of International Programs, Coordinator of the RBA Program, and Coordinator of Dual Enrollment.
- Representing the University at financial aid conferences, seminars and training sessions in order to remain current on federal, state and other financial aid regulations.
- Presenting financial aid information to students and families, as well as high school financial aid events. These events occur daily as well as on weekends, both during the day and at night.
- Counseling currently enrolled students, prospective students, and families concerning financial aid procedures, eligibility requirements, aid availability, etc.
- Answering inquiries regarding financial aid programs and policies.
- Exercising professional judgment on unique student financial situations.
- Reviewing Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals.
- Overseeing all processing and distribution of federal, state, and institutional financial aid and private scholarships for the University.
- Monitoring compliance with state, federal, institutional and NCAA financial aid policies.