Super, Grounds Maintenance
Job Summary: The facilities supervisor is responsible for efficiently and effectively maintaining site specific day-to-day building, custodial and grounds operations with oversight of personnel, equipment and vendors to ensure a clean and comfortable environment. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with policy, procedures and safety practices and may perform technical/specialized work in the field as needed.
Associate Degree and five years experience*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Or a two-year technical certificate and four years progressively responsible technical experience and lead/supervisory experience
Hiring Range: $41,365 - $51,706
Job Specific Task List:
1. Supervise staff, prioritize and assign work, conduct performance evaluations, staff training, hire, termination and disciplinary decisions. - (Essential)
2. Coordinate department operations; track work and change orders, relay communications, research project information and provide related support. - (Essential)
3.Participate in department maintenance and operation activities; perform technical/specialized work as needed to complete projects. - (Essential)
4. Provide administrative support; complete payroll verifications, contract writing, work order analysis, job estimates and reviews forms and documents for completeness and accuracy. - (Essential)
5. Manage purchasing and inventory for department; coordinate and oversee outside contractors, vendors and contracts. - (Essential)
6. Assist in administering and monitoring the department budget; allocation of resources and approving expenditures. - (Essential)
7. Develop, implement and administer operating policies and procedures; Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations. - (Essential)
8. Embrace and uphold diversity policies of the College; assist in building and maintaining an inclusive workplace. Travel to other campuses and off-site locations is required; this position is deemed as "essential personnel" and may work when the college is closed and/or in inclement weather; must generally be available 24 hours per day/7days per week for emergencies. - (Essential)
9. Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jul 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 08, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time