School Improvement Consultant
District Continuous Improvement (DCI) Consultant
240070-Regional Professional Development
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A complete UCM electronic application of employment, cover letter
and resume required.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Review of applicants for this position will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled.
NOTE : A background check is required for the selected candidate of
this position and any job offer is contingent on the results of
The University of Central Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and specifically invites applications from women, minorities,
veteran status and people with disabilities.
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
May have varied hours at times.
Open Until Filled
PURPOSE Support District Continuous Improvement ( DCI ) through
collaboration within a state system of support to advance and
sustain a district-wide focus on an identified set of effective
educational practices and increase the use of technologies to
support implementation of professional development.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES Improved academic and social/behavioral outcomes
for all students, but especially students with disabilities,
through the development and implementation of a district-level
system as referenced in the State Systemic Improvement Plan ( SSIP
EVENT TYPES : Training, Planning, Communication, Collaboration,
Regional and State Meetings/Conferences
Education & Formal Training
Bachelor's degree (Specify field(s) of study below), Formal
Other Education & Formal Training
Bachelor’s degree in the following field(s) of study: education,
special education, education administration or appropriate related
field or evidence of equivalency
(Master’s Degree preferred)
Master’s degree in the following field(s) of study: educational
leadership, technology, curriculum/assessment preferred.
Formal and informal group presentation skills, facilitation skills,
educational coaching skills required.
Word-Processing, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Desktop Publishing,
Other - Social Media
Ten (10) years successful general and/or special education
classroom teaching, school improvement planning, administration, or
related experience in public education in Missouri.
Experience with group facilitation and presentation.
Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, & State/Federal
Requirements of Position:
Criminal History check, Driver's license
Other Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, &
Valid teaching certificate and/or administrative certificate.
Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
Human Relations/Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills:
organization/meeting facilitation/project leadership, Physical
to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines, Maintain
Other Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
Mental skills, including concentration, memory, complex decision
making, analytical thinking, and/or conceptual thinking.
Requires comprehensive knowledge of:
The following methodology and implementation processes relative to
the District Continuous Improvement and Missouri Model Districts
effort (including, but not limited to):
• Creating a collaborative culture
• Leadership and effective teaming
• Common formative assessments
• Goal setting (collective inquiry and problem solving)
• Continuous learning
• Research-based effective teaching/learning practices 19
• Data (collecting, analyzing, and data-based
• Effective professional development standards for adult
• The change process and systems change
• Integration of school improvement efforts
• School-based implementation coaching
• Cultural awareness
Requires some knowledge of:
• Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support (SW- PBS )
• Response to Intervention ( RTI )
• Missouri Learning Standards
• Missouri Model Curriculum
• Missouri Educator Standards and Quality Indicators
• Essential Principles of Effective Evaluation
• Implementation and scaling up theory/practice
• Missouri School Improvement Program ( MSIP )
• Multi-tiered Systems of Support ( MTSS )
Requires a skill base of:
• Effective collaborative team facilitation
• Group presentation skills
• Coaching, modeling, consulting, and facilitation skills
• Conflict resolution and problem-solving processes
• Leadership skills
• Use of technology to enhance professional development
• Delivery of high quality professional development coaching
• Meeting deadlines
• Accurately and timely preparing reports and progress logs
Specify sensory abilities:
Physical & Environmental Factors:
Lifting (weight) - minimum 20lbs
Other Physical & Environmental Factors
Special Working Conditions:
Travel required, Irregular work hours, Professional
Other Special Working Conditions
Physical ability to travel by car
Ability to Keyboard
No keyboarding test required.
Other Special Qualifications
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter